Looking for some advice

1987silverT

In my daily car (a 88 Beretta) I was leaning towards getting a couple of subs for the trunk.
I've got a nice JVC head unit now and four infinity speakers replacing the stock ones. Being that I've never really had a nice setup I'm actually pretty happy with how it is now, but looking to add a little kick in the ass. Can somebody recomend a nice setup? I'm looking for an amp/speakers. I think 2 10"s will do the job and whatever kind of amp. I think I'll leave the other 4 speakers powered by the deck. Does that sound okay? I probably won't build on it much from there.

Give me some feedback guys, and some prices on whats out there, like I say I'm not really in the loop. Thanks in advance. Oh ya, most importantly looking to keep it a little bit on the cheap side. More money for the mods to the real car :D.
Brian

stay small...

I would use only 1 10" in the car's trunk...retaining plenty of extra cargo space.

You could get something like a JL Audio single 10" in one of their pre-made enclosures (or, MTX, Rockford, or any other respectable name brand), then just get a good amp (Kicker, PPI, Lanzar, Orion, Planet Audio, etc...) and run twisted pair interconnect RCA wires to it in the trunk from the head unit.

You'll also need to run power for the amp too. You can either make your own power install kit by purchasing the parts seaparately or you can be a pre-made kit version. Just make sure whatever kit you buy has 4-gauge red power wire in it. That should be plenty sufficient for an amp powering 1 10" driver.

Good luck.

If you decide to go for a single 10", I would recomend going with a 4th. order bandpass cabinet. If you get a good 10" woofer with a properly built and designed cabinet, it will give you the "kick" you need.

I have built several bandpass enclosures that rock and have been impressed with each one. You can build it with a lexan front or all MDF construction.

how many watts would be enought to get you noticed with 1 10 inch or do u really need 2 to get noticed?