Looking for engine builder/installer & startup in Mid-West

troyk

I'm looking for someone to build my motor, install it & get the engine running(tune the ECU) enough so I can drive the car home. I prefer to go with someone who works with GNs most of the time. I have used Dan Strezo in the way past, when he was working for PTE & PTE just moved to their new location. It would also be better, but not a requirement for the builder to have access to an eddy current dyno, for more tuning after I get the breaking miles in. I don't mind paying a little extra for top quality builder, don't want to be rap_d either. I'm in STL, but I'm willing to drive 12hrs to get to a quality builder/installer/tuner.

My build sheet so far:
250" motor
girdle
GN1 alum heads
billet mains
Switching to roller cam, thinking 214/214

Thing I'm looking at or have not purchased:
Alky kit
Mega Squirt

I currently have FAST non-XFI. I'm currently looking toward the Mega Squirt, because it seems to have the most options. I think I want to be able to do some traction control or different boost levels per gear. I was going to put a tach pickup on my drive shaft when I replace it. So if I got MS, the shop would need them to set this up.

Also, can do the work in a reasonable amount of time. My current builder, Phase II, has had my motor for 2.5yrs.

Last edited:
Excessive Acceleration in Indiana, just across the bridge from Louisville. Would be my recommendation, he is close enough to you and does great work. Username is Kip on here.

Who is Phase I I ?
I'm in the St Louis area....never heard of them. 2.5 yrs ? Wow. ...

Bryan

Can someone supply more info about Rick Lutz? I am from Northwest Indiana and am seeking a reputable machine shop to do my rebuild and possible tune with my MAFT pro. I take it he owns his own shop? Where is he located?

Can someone supply more info about Rick Lutz? I am from Northwest Indiana and am seeking a reputable machine shop to do my rebuild and possible tune with my MAFT pro. I take it he owns his own shop? Where is he located?
Rick can do everything your in need of... And you wont find any better for the MAF Pro.... He is in southern burbs of Chicagoland. Mokena. Send him a PM! I dont want to post his # here w/out his authorization.
HTH

Ah ok. I think I've chatted with him on these boards before. Someone on my original posts on the engine suggested DLS which is closer to me, but I'll probably go with Rick anyways. Mokena is only about an hour away. What up Phoneguy? I totally just remembered you were the one that sold me the alky kit awhile back. lol