Looking for advise on a Typhoon

Lvnspeeed

I bought a Typhoon I would like to get it to run in the 11's in the quater mile. I know this is not an easy feat but I am not a nood to wrenching nor to this forum. I have been reading until I have gone dizzy on the syty forum. I registered over there but it has been 2 weeks and my account is still pending admin approval.

So are there recipes for how to get a Typhoon to run in the 11's like there are for the GN's? If not can some one point me in the right direction?

Lots of time and money ;) ... it pays off to OVERBUILD your truck with high dollar parts (well most of the go fast parts on these trucks are outrageous $$$).

What number Typhoon did you get ( year/color/mileage ?) ---

Black 1993 1867

I hear you about the money but what is fun that doesnt cost a lot of money?????

I have a brand new 70mm Master Power Turbo think it might be too big? I would love to find some proven set ups that I could copy....

I am planning to to the usual right away Tune up, belts, fluids, plugs, wheel bearing, front output shafts, trans service,

You really have to post this over on syty. you'll get your answer quickly because 11's have been done a billizion times over with a few proven combos but again deep pockets are a factor because you can either go 11's until it breaks or go 11's with a little more piece of mind until it breaks :)

Whats your user name over there? I can pm the admin and let him know you've been pending

Agreed...as current owner of both I can tell you that the SyTy's cost much much more to modify. They will cost a lot to get really fast but I think they're most fun as stoplight racers. From light to light my truck hauls butt...driving 100+mph on a drag strip would be a big pucker factor without a lot of suspension mods. I say number one is get an aldl cable and software (our version of scanmaster) and a chip programmer like an ostrich and start doing some custom tunes. Also make sure you have a bigger fuel pump. You can use the buick fuel pump and injectors. The stock fuel system on these trucks sucks. With a slightly bigger turbo/converter, tune, and alky you should make it. The trans will break but drive it until it does and then do a solid rebuild. I never boost launch mine (I know, thats the best part) but I feel like it is unnessarily hard on the truck.