Lonnie Diers

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a strong title. You are the friend?

If you have a problem this is the place to do it but as stated above in many cases a simple "paging Lonnie" would have probably gotten a much better result...

Does Lonnie even know, or supposed to know who you are?

Shane enough is enough. This guy clams I have ripped someone off. That would require charging someone and not delivering. This has not happened. I have not done business with this guy and do not know him or owe him anything. This allowing the mothers, brothers, cousins, uncles roommate to post about a deal that has nothing to do with them is ridiculous. This guy has no damn clue what is going on.

My catch all e-mail account info and Lonnie@extremeautomatics.com has been hacked and shut down due to spamming. I have yet to set up another e-mail box. I will do that this weekend. Those that have sent e-mail to those addresses. I will not get it.

Just got off the phone with Lonnie. Apparently the trans in question is 2 years out of warranty and Lonnie is offering to fix it for free if the owner covered the shipping to him. I think that is more than fair.

Lonnie got me squared away on my deal but he really didnt have to. Felt bad that I missed my race and refunded the entire cost of the deep pan to help me out.

Good guy in my book. Sorry you have to deal with all this bullchit.

First of all Lonnie the trans wasnt out of warranty and you did tell Ross you would fix it when you got it and ship it out the same day you got it. As far as you only deal with the customer I can understand but your word is what Ross went on. Now he has no car to use when he gets back here on the 20th and because of your delay he has to rent a vehicle to go places when he told you it is his daily driver when he is home. Dont get mad at me because I look out for my good friend when it is you that isn't holding up to your promise to Ross. So I must be the dooshbag as BrownLimited put it and a moron as you put it but I will always make sure when I tell someone something I deliver. I know it dosent bother some people but Ross is forced to rent a car because he trusted you and can not enjoy his t-type because you promised him a trans. If he lets me do it I will buy him a used trans and put it in on Monday so he has a car to use but lets see how good your word is to get the job done right so he can get what he already paid you for!

You need to get the facts right before you go any further. This trans is less than 100 hrs on it and he rebuilt it this year. I have the facts right and Lonnie talked directly to the customer 8 weeks ago and said this trans should have never broken without saying anything about the time because Lonnie knows it IS under warranty!

First of all Lonnie the trans wasnt out of warranty and you did tell Ross you would fix it when you got it and ship it out the same day you got it.QUOTE]

I don't see where anyone got ripped off? He told him he would fix it, right?

Maybe you should try Aamco:rolleyes:

You need to get the facts right before you go any further. This trans is less than 100 hrs on it and he rebuilt it this year. I have the facts right and Lonnie talked directly to the customer 8 weeks ago and said this trans should have never broken without saying anything about the time because Lonnie knows it IS under warranty!

I am not wasting my time to have dialog with you. I OWE YOU NOTHING!!!!!!! No explanation, no return call that I have never received. The only fact you do have correct is I said I would fix it. Ross is my customer you are not. You posting for him is just wrong.

First of all Lonnie the trans wasnt out of warranty and you did tell Ross you would fix it when you got it and ship it out the same day you got it.QUOTE]

I don't see where anyone got ripped off? He told him he would fix it, right?

Maybe you should try Aamco:rolleyes:

EXACTLY!!!! But the fact that this guy can post what ever he wants i will get to explain it for the next 6 months. That is wrong.

The trans broke in first week of Oct of this year and I picked up the transr from R&L myself. 10 months on a 1 yr warranty, when the owner is out of the country for 7 months, it is under warranty and you tell me to bring it to AAMCO to fix it. WOW!! I see the story is coming together now. I have gotten over 9 e-mails about the same thing being done to them and you tell me to go to AAMCO! At least AAMCO stands behind their work and gets it done when they say it will be done. Truth is, is that someone dropped the ball and gave his word on something and it turnes out that it isnt worth the phone call to call the customer and say it will be delayed and to put in another trans for a week so he wont have to walk for the week he is home and he will get the trans back whenever and as fast as he can. AAMCO dosent sound to bad right about now does it. RIGHT???

I will straight out apologize to Lonnie and I am sorry for starting all this junk when I should have worded it better but we should have had better communications and there will be no more uprises from me. I am sorry that it got this far out of hand when all someone had to do is make a call to inform that the trans would not be ready on time. Lonnie does do good work and did say he will stand behind his work and for that I can say Thank You and I hope he will get the trans back soon. I will put in a loanner for him to use for the week he is in town. Again Lonnie I am sorry it got out of hand but next time call your customer and tell him there is a delay.

Looks like it was just a MISUNDERSTANDING

imagesCA4UPB5Z.jpg

images.jpg

I will straight out apologize to Lonnie and I am sorry for starting all this junk when I should have worded it better but we should have had better communications and there will be no more uprises from me. I am sorry that it got this far out of hand when all someone had to do is make a call to inform that the trans would not be ready on time. Lonnie does do good work and did say he will stand behind his work and for that I can say Thank You and I hope he will get the trans back soon. I will put in a loanner for him to use for the week he is in town. Again Lonnie I am sorry it got out of hand but next time call your customer and tell him there is a delay.

Next time think before make such a charge against someone...

I am going to modify the title of this thread...

10 months on a 1 yr warranty, when the owner is out of the country for 7 months, it is under warranty and you tell me to bring it to AAMCO to fix it. WOW!! I see the story is coming together now. I have gotten over 9 e-mails about the same thing being done to them and you tell me to go to AAMCO! At least AAMCO stands behind their work and gets it done when they say it will be done. Truth is, is that someone dropped the ball and gave his word on something and it turnes out that it isnt worth the phone call to call the customer and say it will be delayed and to put in another trans for a week so he wont have to walk for the week he is home and he will get the trans back whenever and as fast as he can. AAMCO dosent sound to bad right about now does it. RIGHT???

I never said once to take the transmission to AAmco. Your headline says I am a rip off. Thats why I take offense. Does not read slow delivery or no return call or anything that is remotely related to your complaint. I may be lots of things but a rip off artist I am not. Am I slow to deliver YES. My back log is 3-4 weeks and sometimes longer. I try my best and sometimes my best is just not good enough. Have I delivered transmissions late? YES, I have many times and unfortunately it will happen again. Planning delivery on a unit that is built 3-4 weeks from the time of order is not an easy task. You receiving e-mail from people who say I did not move fast enough to suit them. That might be true. I am a one man show. I am good at some things and others I am not. I take care of my customer to the best of my ability. Please produce one person that says I charged them and did not deliver what they paid for.

My transmission

Wow. I haven't been on Turbobuick in a few days and I came on this post which concerns me and my transmission. First, Formula is my friend and means well but it wasn't his place to post what he did. My transmission, a State 1 from Lonnie, was great and will be again. I bought my car not to save gas on tires but to have fun and racing at the track can be hard on them. I bought the trans from Lonnie a year agao last October and at the time he bent over backwards for me. He didn't have a Stage 1 available but dropped what he was doing and built one for me and shipped it out in 2 days. He also called us up when we got it and made sure all went well with the installation and then called me several hours later as I was driving 500+ miles on it to make sure all was well. That's customer service to the next level. The transmission let go this past October one night at Palm Beach International Raceway, racing is tough on men and equipment. It was a week or so out of warranty and I was prepared to pay for the repair. I called Lonnie and described the problem I had and after hearing my story he said that should not have happened, that he knew just what the problem and then he offered without any prompting or expectation on my part to fix the transmission free of charge. He is aces in my book. Check out my posts in the feedback section regarding how I feel about his product and service.
Yes, I understand he is bogged down as a 1 man show and has just gone thru the stress of a move. I hope to get my trans back soon and I hope the well ment zelous but somewhat undiplomatic post by my friend Formula hasn't upset all concerned. I am not being ripped off and while I would like to have had a quicker turn around on my trans if that's the biggest worry I have I don't have much to worry about.:)

Also I'm out of the country and not in daily contact which helps explain why I didn't respond sooner.

I was very WRONG TO ACCUSE

Lonnie I humbly eat crow when it is politically correct. I do apologize for the Rip OFF heading and should have tactfully thought it out. I know you are a specialized re-builder of the finest transmittion and do apologize for the harsh heading. The point is here that the customer is without a product of which you did state you would rebuild at no cost to your customer. You did not under any way rip him off as long as you do what you stand for. that is to build his trans and get it back AS soon as possible. You must understand that Ross is only here for no more than 9 weeks of the year and when someone gives his word that it will be taken care of by the time he returns , people who care do involve themselves in the cure. Ross had no idea of what was going on other than he was in trust of the people he has learned to trust with his life when he is out of the country. I pray that you understand the situation and hope that you have friends that will stand for you as I do Ross. After talking with Ross , he hopes you do not hold him responsible for my coarseness and return the quality you are known for. I am sincere when I say<<< Did I eat enough crow yet?? No one said you were not the best re-builder that your well known for but !! NAAA No Butts! I am sorry for the misuse of harsh words.

This is just plain silly. The whole thing should be deleted.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.