little smoke at idle

NC87GN

johnny boost
Have 131 miles on a freshly built motor. Have .020" J/E, block steamed and cleaned, ported heads with matched intake, bottom end is studded, FM wide bearing with clearances running at .015-.019" on the mains, roller cam, and 62 turbo. Car runs great, idles nice, but in park at idle I notice a tint of blue smoke, not bad, but noticeable. Does not smoke other than at idle or park in drive at a stop. Oil level has not changed when I checked at 34 and 131 miles and NO smoke out the breathers. I am running an ATR check valve. My concern is where is the smoke coming from? Its a new 62 turbo (500 miles) and I was thinking turbo seal is on its way out, rings are still being seated, or ATR check valve? I even turned down the fuel pressure to 32 psi to see if its fuel related but it did not do much aside from running the BLM's up to 144.. Opinions are welcome..

Mike Banas
87GN

Mike, give the rings more time to seat. I'd say after 300-400 miles, you ought to have a better indication of whether you need to look at other areas for your idle smoke.

Fuelie600,
Your problably right as I just checked up-pipe, TB, MAF pipe, 4 plugs and not a trace of oil anywhere and plugs look like brand new. I was just curious to see if this was typically normal with J/E's fitted with moly plasma rings (hastings brand) gapped .019" top and .021" on bottom. TIA

Mike Banas
87GN

Finally found the problem as smoke at idle was getting worse. Notorious turbo seal. Did a leak down and plug inspection today and 5-6% all cylinders taking it up to 100 psi. Pulled the downpipe and seen carbon deposits in the downpipe but no oil. However when I shined a light into the exhaust side of the wheel there was a shiny residue puddling in the housing. BINGO oil being burnt in the housing causing blueish smoke! Good thing is the turbo still under warranty from Limit. I will sleep better today!

Mike Banas
87GN