Little disappointed with 1/4 mile times

Ppl say putting airbags inside the shocks will give you better traction. Is this true or a thing of the past.

I am running air bags in mine...also a set of Eibach springs and Lakewood adjustable shocks I am also running SSouth side upper and lower control arms. I never ran the car with the stock rear suspension so I have nothing to compare to.

IMO the cost of the air bags is most definitely worth it....I was able to run a 1.7 60' on a 5psi launch and that is on Nitto 555r's that have had about 30 passes on them. I did run the car before the bags and I can say they really do help!

More converter will help. I did get 1.7s with the stock D5 and the GT6131. I then went to a 2800 stall and got a 1.5. That felt good. I run air bags at 20 on the passenger and 10 on the drivers for the track and an ATR style rear swaybar. At launch the rear bumper is almost perfectly flat.

You need to leave with more boost to drop the 60'. I agree with everything already said.

My best time on the stock turbo/convertor was a 11.98@111 running on a bald 275/50/15 MT DR. Basic stuff done to the car, at that time. Completely stock, original rear suspension. Just a pair of KYB GR-2 shocks in back. Launched it at 15psi on the vacuum brakes, it pulled the left front wheel 4" off the ground.

Run your DRs at 17 pounds. Any lower doesn't help in my experience. Also you gotta get them hot. Not John Force hot, but put some heat in them. And good track prep ALWAYs help alot too.

Airbags help, kind of the old school way now with all the new swaybars out there. They basically preload the suspension in a way to help plant the tires. I always ran mine at 10 pounds.

I have boxed stock lower control arms and parts store rubber bushings and I've never touched the uppers. I do have the big wheel cylinders and both big rear shoes in the rear brakes. I haven't raced the car with the new 12" front brakes yet. I can hold 10-12 pounds at the line if I pressurize the vacuum brakes. Basically rev it up in neutral a few time then stage.

You'll get there. It just takes seat time and learning the car.

Thanks for all of the advice. I'll increase my boost to 23 or 24 psi as long as I see 0 detination. My MT ET Street drag radials (255-60-15)were at 30 psi so I need to lower the pressure to 17-20 psi. I have KYB adjustable shocks on otherwise stock suspension. I need to leave with higher boost to help my 60 foot times. Still have stock powermaster system so not sure how much boost I can build with the stock brake system before wheels start turning. How is timing adjusted on these cars? Will scan master show you the timing? I assume the TT alky inj chip advances it to where it needs to be. How do you check the stall speed on the converter? It was alot of fun despite not getting in the 12's. My 22 year old Son was also there with his 2012 Challenger R/T. His best was a 14.3.

...Still have stock powermaster system so not sure how much boost I can build with the stock brake system before wheels start turning.

Best brake system out there for drag racing when working properly.

...It was alot of fun despite not getting in the 12's. My 22 year old Son was also there with his 2012 Challenger R/T. His best was a 14.3.

There's a lesson here. Not everyone runs their best runs every time out. How you do compared to other cars relatively speaking on the same day at the same track is probably more important.

Good luck with your tuning and please post results. Some of us just want to see your success, and others will learn from it.

john,basically you rolled the car out leaving on no boost,thats the reason why the 60ft is bad.i agree with the other members on what has been said but even with an orange strip is was able to go 1.67 60ft with a 49 turbo.car should run mid 12's on 22lbs with leaving on 7 to 10lbs boost on lower tire pressure,use the ebrake, drop the tire pressure to 15lbs and have some fun.

Next time at the track I'll post results. Interesting info about how the volt booster may cause alky pump to pump too much. Maybe I just need to hot wire the XP Pump an remove the volt booster.

that may be a big mistake,the volt booster will make both fuel pumps deliver more but there is no reason why you cant tune around it.before you start moving parts around i suggest getting a fp gauge for in the car so you can see how you pressures are wot on the track,you may be surprised,i know i was.

I was always told that for every tenth of a second you cut in your sixty foot time that will give you two tenths in the quarter.

It looks like your getting a grip on how to drive the car. Good luck on your next outing. By the way, for every 10th you cut off your 60' you should cut 1.5 off your 1/4 ET. It is a fairly accurate "rule or thumb". Jon Hanson

Next time at the track I'll post results. Interesting info about how the volt booster may cause alky pump to pump too much. Maybe I just need to hot wire the XP Pump an remove the volt booster.
I removed mine. Just have hotwire kit with pump. It will be about 2 wks before I can get to track and run my GN. But hopefully we both will have good news. I'm shooting for 12.5. Hopefully I have some MT Drags by then. If not, I'll run tha BFG'S again. Just gonna put them at 17lbs and do a better burn out. And try and keep boost up on take off. I'll also post times when I go. Alot of good info here. Good Luck

Not disappointed anymore. Went to the track last night. Temps were in the 60's. Raised boost up to 25 psi and lowered rear tire pressure to 23 psi. Left the line with 5 psi and ran a 12.38 1/4 mile time. That's a full second faster than my previous run back in August. My 60 foot time was 1.87 and top speed was 110 mph. With a little more practice I should be able to crack into the 11's. It's really amazing how fast these cars are with just bolt on's. Thanks to all for the advice.

Not disappointed anymore. Went to the track last night. Temps were in the 60's. Raised boost up to 25 psi and lowered rear tire pressure to 23 psi. Left the line with 5 psi and ran a 12.38 1/4 mile time. That's a full second faster than my previous run back in August. My 60 foot time was 1.87 and top speed was 110 mph. With a little more practice I should be able to crack into the 11's. It's really amazing how fast these cars are with just bolt on's. Thanks to all for the advice.

Congrats! We have similar setups. You're right about the bolt-ons and have fun. You have plenty of room to grow yet with what you have. And what you have now should be tire-frying, wicked on the street.

Not a bad start. Size of said Mickeys?

Id take them lower. I always run my MT DRs at 17psi. And leave with more boost. The 60' should drop as well. Nice trap for a 12.3! Really picking up on the big end it seems. What was the 1/8th mile ET/MPH??

Congrats!!! I was reading the post, and i'm glad you got the numbers your looking for!!! Happy Boosting :D