Light weight head lights

I too ordered a set of plastic headlights (all 4) from RockAuto earlier this week. They arrived today and are plastic, very light. Wagner high beams in NAPA boxes and GE low beams.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Do they look like old stock?

Do they look like old stock?

Three of the four are definitely old stock. They were all sealed in the factory boxes (not opened previous to me). Check out the pic, the uppers (GE) have to be ancient. The GE headlights are actually Sylvania branded and labeled.

GN_HeadLights_0.jpg

RemoveBeforeFlight

My shipment arrived from RockAuto today. A couple of the boxes are really faded out so they've been around awhile. Appropriately, they were shipped with a Grand National magnet. :cool:
P1100705_zps4d78d056.jpg

I ordered the HP4651 plastic lightweight high beam bulbs from rockauto on Friday May 30 and i got them today. I wasn't going to replace the high beams since i hardly ever drive out of town but since i had been looking for the plastic lightweight bulbs for so long and didn't think they were available anymore. I found it hard to pass up getting them while i could and at such a good price. Thanks guys for the info on these.

I'm not sure why, but I'm getting a kick outa' this thread. Thanks TurboTerry for starting it. It just may be that folks are getting the plastic ones that makes it worthwhile. Except for MeanBuicks, he also received a GN frig magnet, all I got was a t-shirt and a mustang frig magnet (well, didn't really get a t-shirt).

Yes, it is only 2.8 pounds lighter for the plastic over the glass, but it is far forward on the car. So it makes a difference.

RemoveBeforeFlight

P.S. did anyone else get a shipping box that was marked "fragile, glass?"

Yes,my low beam head lights came with "Fragile Glass" marked on the box. I was in the kitchen making breakfast when the Fedex driver slammed the box down on the porch and hauled ass before i got to the door,the stupid piece of shit. But luckily the lights weren't damaged. I guess we all are at the mercy of whoever delivers our packages as they all have dummies working for them.

That's great I'm glad everyone is getting their light weight headlights. I can imagine what the guys at rock auto are thinking. Damn, these this have been sitting around for years and now everyone is buying these things...

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I used to pluck them at the junkyard years ago. Seems like they were usually found on Lincoln vehicles. Popping for a new set from RockAuto was convenient. :)

Just picked up a set of high beams for 1.28 each at rock auto. i guess it doesn't get much cheaper than that. They really are lighter than I thought they would be.

Also ordered a set of low beams off of ebay yesterday those were a round 20 each.