Lexus help plz...

Madcat455

True love
Hey all,

I have a friend that's had her 94 Lexus GS300 at a "mechanic" for the last 45 days...

He supposedly replaced the injectors, ecm, and fuel pump.

Well, lets just say the guy was a jerk.. he brother had to go and get the keys for the car physically:wink: cause he wouldn't give it back (and she paid him).

Once she had it back, it was running rough... black smoke, and not idling very good. Friday night, she drove it... brought it home and parked it, and it hasn't started since.

I went over there today to see if I could help her, and from what I can see.. the guy actually did the work.

It's getting fuel, spark (dist setup), timing marks are lined up (guy left bolts off the belt cover:rolleyes:).

I found 1 wire on the MAF that was broken.. soldered it. And I also found an injector wire that's been repaired (crimp conections) and another injector wire that had a bare spot.

My questions is... could the bare injector wire fry the new ECM if it grounded?? I tried jumping the puter to read the trouble codes... but the engine light just flashed endlessly, no codes given even though she said it was on Friday.

I'm going to solder the injector wire and use heat shrink on it to fix it... should I worry about the crimp job on the other wire?? or leave it be.

Thanks for any help... any ideas are welcome