Leaning Out? Powerlogger files attached...

robertmee

Installed new Delco Ign module and coil pack today in attempts to resolve my other problem (cutting out after driving awhile). Decided to make a quick run to see if I see anything on the PL. Attached are files for idle/open, idle/close and a quick WOT run....Not the best run as it's on a non-forgiving road, so I had to get off WOT pretty quickly. Also, foot braked too much initial boost and scooted a little on takeoff (hence letting off).

Anyway, to my newbie eyes, the PL is showing me I'm leaning out at just 13 PSI boost. The EGT climbed to 1700, knock started climbing and O2's dipped to low 700's. The WB showed 13/14.

Unfortunately, I don't have a remote fuel pressure gauge, just one on the fuel rail which does read 43psi line off, 38psi line on. Fuel Pump is a Walbro 340.

Am I running out of fuel?

Attachments

• PL.zip
    111.6 KB · Views: 65
I can't seem to be able to load them in powerlogger... ok I can see them, had to unzip them... idle open show that you are in 3rd and 4th gear ... but the wide band O2 sensor looks good in the 13's
Not sure what you mean by idle close.... but the factory O2's are all over the place...yet the wideband O2 looks ok for idle.
On the WOT log, shows the throttle position sensor needs adjusted, and yes you are going lean then seeing knock. Your ecm or computer's I/O or input output data is showing 4th gear at 62 miles/hr (frame #195) not sure what's wrong there.
Reset the tps, figure out why you have false signals from the tranny, mount a fuel gage on the window. Maybe your fuel pump is going out....

Chuck

I see a bunch of knock retard and the 02 reading in the 600s:eek: Add fuel, get the WB a/f in the 10.8 range then try it again and hope for no knock. too much timing too. Try 20* in 1st and 2nd, and 18* in 3rd if its a pump gas only car. Start on a soft tune. Rich a/f, low boost, and low timing.

robertmee,

I see that you have a volt booster in your signature, my friend took his off at the track and the car went faster, I would take it off.
I also see that you are running alky in your signature, but I'm seeing 13 to 14 lbs of boost and vacuum at idle @ 20.9 inches so I'm assuming that you have a 3 bar map sensor with razor's alky kit. The strange part to me is having 21"-20" at idle, usually I see around 16-17" @ idle.

Chuck

I don't think the the volt booster and alky control work together. Might want to ask Julio on that...

I can't seem to be able to load them in powerlogger... ok I can see them, had to unzip them... idle open show that you are in 3rd and 4th gear ... but the wide band O2 sensor looks good in the 13's
Not sure what you mean by idle close.... but the factory O2's are all over the place...yet the wideband O2 looks ok for idle.
On the WOT log, shows the throttle position sensor needs adjusted, and yes you are going lean then seeing knock. Your ecm or computer's I/O or input output data is showing 4th gear at 62 miles/hr (frame #195) not sure what's wrong there.
Reset the tps, figure out why you have false signals from the tranny, mount a fuel gage on the window. Maybe your fuel pump is going out....

Chuck

Idle/open and Idle/Close meant Idle Open loop and then Idle Close loop after warming up.

O2's are supposed to be all over the place in closed loop non-WOT...That should be normal, and where the cross counts come from.

WOT shows TPS at 4.6....I thought anything above 4.5 was acceptable?

Yes, I think I definitely need to see what's going on with fuel PSI.

I see a bunch of knock retard and the 02 reading in the 600s:eek: Add fuel, get the WB a/f in the 10.8 range then try it again and hope for no knock. too much timing too. Try 20* in 1st and 2nd, and 18* in 3rd if its a pump gas only car. Start on a soft tune. Rich a/f, low boost, and low timing.

I think maybe the timing is coming from the extender chip....I have a 6.0 TT on the way. It's ALKY, but before I turned it on, I wanted to get a baseline tune established.

Is the extender chip you have in now an alky chip? If so, and with that timing it looks to be, you need to have the alky "on" even at 13 psi. turn it on to 5.5 or 6 and try it again. It should bring up the 02, kill the KR, and lower the A/F.

I'ld go ahead and install the TT chip and turn on the alky. Eric gets the tune very close to what you need with your mods. You can turn off the O2 tracking if don't want that at first if you need time to learn how the chip works. Set the alky at 5 and run 16lbs of boost. See what happens.

I think maybe the timing is coming from the extender chip....I have a 6.0 TT on the way. It's ALKY, but before I turned it on, I wanted to get a baseline tune established.

I went with the SD chip from TT, it's the sh*t in my book. Of course you already have powerlogger and a O2 wideband, you would be a good canidate for the SD chip.... just thinking outloud here.
Agree the chip, needs the alky turned on.

Chuck

Okay, consensus is TURN ON THE ALKY :biggrin: and try the WB TT chip.

Thanks everyone for bearing with a newb :redface:

I thought I had read, get the tune at low boost straight without ALKY first, but I guess I was mistaken.

You did read that. It's when you have a street chip in. (93oct,17psi)
No prorblem, thats what the board is for. :D

Quick search of the alky section on volt boosters are they don't mix that well. Most people are not impressed with them either. I'ld drop that out of the mix.

I could see it hitting 20:1 for a fraction of a second, but it stayed there for several seconds (about 4), and it could have been more but the log ended

Don't know....The log was still going after it came back to 13 or so.....But yes, 4 seconds at max A/F because O2's are at 0 (basically infinity). But during that time, TPS is at .46, Boost in Vacuum, no KR and O2's at 0. What should it do coming off WOT to zero throttle?