Lean at Idle??? log included

No clue what that is......lol. where can I get one, I'm desperate, lol !!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Harbor Freight has them cheap.

Did you have the block or heads decked or resurfaced on your rebuild? I had an issue where my car was running lean after my rebuild. The Intake was not mating up with the heads properly causing a leak into the crankcase . Just thought I throw that out there. My car did run, just ran lean and could not build boost. Figured it out when my dipstick kept blowing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Harbor Freight has them cheap.

Did you have the block or heads decked or resurfaced on your rebuild? I had an issue where my car was running lean after my rebuild. The Intake was not mating up with the heads properly causing a leak into the crankcase . Just thought I throw that out there. My car did run, just ran lean and could not build boost. Figured it out when my dipstick kept blowing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure the rebuild was spot on, was built by one of the experts we have on this site..... but I will keep this in mind if all else fails.

If the car won't start how do you check the timing?

If you have spark the light will still fire.

Since we use a computer, I don't know if your chip has a special timing area it fires during cranking though...

But if it's a completely different side of the balancer, that would be a big clue.

If you have spark the light will still fire.

Since we use a computer, I don't know if your chip has a special timing area it fires during cranking though...

But if it's a completely different side of the balancer, that would be a big clue.
So.... the timing written the chip is the timing I'm look for?

Well everything checks out (fuel, spark, etc). So I'm gonna go ahead and install my buick sportsman after i put new plugs in and see if it runs better. Is there a way to test my old stock ECU ? I'm thinking it may be the issue! Have anyone heard of them acting crazy cause of old age?
Thanks for all the help I got so far!!

If the CE light works, the fuel pump primes and you have injector pulse, the ecm is working.
The dry spark plugs still say no fuel. Clogged injectors are the only thing left.

You could try pulling off the up pipe and throwing a splash of gas down the intake. See if it responds..

Non the less, I would figure it out before you add a aftermarket ECU to the mix.

If the CE light works, the fuel pump primes and you have injector pulse, the ecm is working.
The dry spark plugs still say no fuel. Clogged injectors are the only thing left.

You could try pulling off the up pipe and throwing a splash of gas down the intake. See if it responds..

Non the less, I would figure it out before you add a aftermarket ECU to the mix.
The plugs were still wet when I pulled them a week after trying to start the car and while cranking the car.

There were still wet after a week without an attempt?

Or did you just try to crank it and no bueno?

Wet plugs mean there is fuel... and either 'no spark', or 'no fire because the plugs are wet'.

There were still wet after a week without an attempt?

Or did you just try to crank it and no bueno?

Wet plugs mean there is fuel... and either 'no spark', or 'no fire because the plugs are wet'.
Yes sir plugs were wet and smelled of fuel with out turning the engine over....I'm guessing that's what was keeping me from firing. I guess it makes sense cause the car was all the way lean while at idle so the computer was pumping too much fuel than it could burn. Does this sound correct?

Not really.

Lets get back to basics. You know you have fuel, but you don't know for sure if the fueling is 'correct'. Put a dry plug on a spark plug wire, lay it on the valve cover and see if you have spark.

Also, while trying, pop off the oil fill cap and make sure the rockers are moving. If there's no spark, a visual on the crank sensor/bracket is pretty easy.

Then go from there.

(I guessI need to go back to the start and re-read this thread. lol )