LC1 install getting #8 error code. Faulty 02?

well I have changed the oil after about 30 passes and it is still thick and does not smell like gas...so I will leave it fot now until I start cruising.....but back on current subject....any exhaust leak pre turbo...will effect NB sensor...not only does exhaust get blown out but fresh air gets sucked in....thats why you here a tick..tick..tick.. it is pulsating...and not just a constant ssssssh sound....

when you say it is running rich...is that by smell or by WB/NB sensor readings....if NB is sucking on fresh air its going to register lean and the ECM is going to dump in fuel to correct it... which will also lead to an over rich condition...so it pulls fuel...you will get a yo-yo effect until you fix that leak...

Mike, I agree!:eek:
117 posts, and now these "revelations"???:confused:

Lol, I know but I'm pretty sure I have the cam sensor set right. Ive' done it a dozen times. I just thought I might double check . Also, I'd be willing to bet that my new TA headers aren't going to fix this problem. If it does, I apologize in advance but hey, Iv'e learned alot already about how this stuff works from this thread alone. The instruction book for the T-Pro seems a bit vague.

Thanks for all the input so far.

when you say it is running rich...is that by smell or by WB/NB sensor readings....if NB is sucking on fresh air its going to register lean and the ECM is going to dump in fuel to correct it... which will also lead to an over rich condition...so it pulls fuel...you will get a yo-yo effect until you fix that leak...

Both the 02 readings and the rich smell are telling me it's rich. I ran it open loop, leaned it out with the T-pro and it helped the idle a lttle bit. The smoothest idle seems to be about 12.6:1 AF ratio. 14:1 makes it feels like it's gonna stall.

Both the 02 readings and the rich smell are telling me it's rich. I ran it open loop, leaned it out with the T-pro and it helped the idle a lttle bit. The smoothest idle seems to be about 12.6:1 AF ratio. 14:1 makes it feels like it's gonna stall.

What are the corresponding narrowband 02 readings? Since you are running in closed loop the nb is what counts. If the header leak is affecting the nb and the ecm is trying to compensate for a false condition, and you are making changes in the pro to add/subtract fuel you'll never get it straight.

Mike

You know where I live....I get home around 6:30pm....swing by and we can hook laptop up and take a look see whats going on...and also make sure your LC-1 is set up correctly....

All the speculation is pretty academic since we now know there's substantial exhaust leak, it isn't going to help much to try any tuning till that's corrected.

All the speculation is pretty academic since we now know there's substantial exhaust leak, it isn't going to help much to try any tuning till that's corrected.

true...but I have gaskets/copper spray would only take a few mins to fix it....IF we can get to the leak...

Fed Ex should be delivering my headers today. I missed them last night and they left a tag on my door. I might try and put them on before I go any further. I'm guessing the leak is probably more than Copper spray gasket can handle.

Sean, I'll try to swing by if not tonight than sometime soon if that's good with you. I'll have to leave you a PM for directions as I don't remember exactly what road I was on when I spotted your GN in the driveway.
Mike

I don't understad why so many problems with this. Mine has worked flawlesly for a couple years now.

Have you tried to reset the controller? Unplug the o2 from the harness then power up the controller (turn key on) for 60 seconds. Turn key back off, re connect the sensor then re calibrate.

Are you running a gasket from the turbo to the downpipe? Make sure your downpipe is not for some reason isolated. It should have a good ground to the motor.

Where is the controller located?

An AFR of 22.1 is normal during heat up.

Should I take my gasket out before I install? I have one in between the DP and Turbo. Will that cause a problem when it comes to grounding?

Thanks,

Should I take my gasket out before I install? I have one in between the DP and Turbo. Will that cause a problem when it comes to grounding?

Thanks,

I would not worry about it unless you run into a problem. The through bolts and the nuts should be enough.

I know this thread started off as my having a bad WB02 but...

Do I need to sacrifice a goat or something? I can't figure this out. The symptoms are painfully obvious. I start it up and it just bucks and misses and I get grey smoke out the exhaust. WBAF is 10:1. My NB is reading in the 400s until warm up. Does it even use the NB02 in open loop during warm up? Eventually it smooths out a little as the ECM tries to lean it out. I thought at first it must be my IAT but the readings are normal on the T-Pro. Only thing I can think of is a faulty NB02 or a bad injector/injectors. :confused:

I guess I should start a new thread.

Do I need to sacrifice a goat or something?

Tonight is Passover, maybe worth a try....
The tread is so long it may work out better to start new with all you symptoms and what you have done to try to fix it.

or bring it over to me and we can hook the laptop up...i do not use NB...do you have the chip parameters set right....I had a big problem in the begining....with not getting chip to stay in open loop...with the MAFT PRO had to wire correctly because removing calpak chip would reset everything and I could not get parameter 8 for open loop....I will be around all day Saturday.....and lift is open...as I just got cage installed....

Can you verify what your cell 12 parameter is set to? Also, in PTT settings in Mafpro, what do you have "gain" set to?

Sometimes a value of "12" gets stuck in cell 12 and it won't take another setting. If that happens you'll need to reset the ecm, you can use the orange power wire.

Mike

or bring it over to me and we can hook the laptop up...i do not use NB...do you have the chip parameters set right....I had a big problem in the begining....with not getting chip to stay in open loop...with the MAFT PRO had to wire correctly because removing calpak chip would reset everything and I could not get parameter 8 for open loop....I will be around all day Saturday.....and lift is open...as I just got cage installed....
I might have to work Saturday but how about sometime next week after work? The ECM only uses the NB02 in closed loop.

Neither sensors have anything to do with the way the car runs on start up. They are just reading the afr. The wideband will read actual afr much sooner than the nbo2.

That being said, what is you MP reading key on engine off?