Latest Stage 2 project pics

800hp at the flywheel sounds like a conservative number to me....

I am guessing that with the parts I am using, I could turn up the boost and build alot more than 800HP at the flywheel. If I hit that number, my car will undoubtly run well under 9.99.

I only have a 6 point roll bar and don't plan to put a cage in the car untill I can backhalf the car (and my bank account recovers).

I figure at 800HP the engine should be reliable and lots of fun. I want to race this car every weekend and rebuild the engine every other year.

With Stage 2 heads and an 80 ball bearing turbo you will be making a lot more than 800 HP. Figure on 900 conservatively.

You should make 800 at the wheels if you want to.

This means you will max out the injectors too.

I ran your weight and HP estimate on a calculator and it came up with 9.34 at 145 mph. That was using 800 hp for calcs.

In other words you will have a very wicked ride on your hands.

Enjoy

Not enough time to get everything fabricated and done before BG. Everything I start takes 3 times longer than I figured. I'll probably start tearing the car apart right after BG for the new motor install.

I just got a deal on a complete pin on fiberglass front end for the car. I should be able to lose another 150-200 lbs off the front!!

Originally posted by KendallF
Looking good! I'm glad somebody's making progress. :) Will you be at BG with it?

Kendall

I hear you i seem to have hit a wall myself. :(

Ted,

I am planning on going to either Milan or Ubly on Sunday. It depends on what program they are running at Milan on Sunday. Gotta try the new Transbrake and delay box!!!!

I'll let you know what the plans are if you are interested.

Dave

The car will not be ready untill Norwalk if I am lucky. I will be testing the car there and hopefully all is well and I can compete. You'll love the transbrake on your car.

Cool pistons Dave. You say that you are using a hydraulic roller cam? I didn't think that you could get offset hydraulic lifters for the stage 2 heads. What spring pressure are you using?

Thanks. James

I don't think you can buy offset hydraulic lifters. I'm using the Comp Cams lifters. Pushrods don't line up perfectly. Offset lifters would correct some of the angularity..... but with 3/8 pushrods there is no interference with the pushrod area in the heads. (I checked that out very carefully).

I'll have to get back to you on the spring pressures. They are not wild high pressure triple springs. But, my lift is also quite reasonable so I don't think it will be a problem.

Dave, your engine looks like an almost exact twin of mine. You are gonna love it. Pistons, heads, intake, everything except mine's on-center. I have had no problems with hydraulic roller lifters not being offset, either. Best of luck.

I have a extra set of stage 2 iron heads here. Brand new never used virgin casting. Someone Please make me an offer.