Last minute thrashing

Dusty Bradford

So who else is busting their asses from dusk till dawn to try and make BG?

These pics were taken this morning. Chris Hogeland has been non stop thrashing for a couple months trying to get this TSM motor back in the car. Setback after setback it looks like it will go in tonight. Maybe make a couple hits tomorrow night and then it goes in the trailer for BG.

Attachments

• tsm2.jpg
    tsm2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 746
  • tsm.jpg
    tsm.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 757
If ordering parts count then yes. Hopefully with today's shipment I'm done.

I'm busting my arse! My block is in the trunk of my Accord right now. Still need to fit the girdle and align hone it...and of course everything in between:eek: :eek: It's Thursday and I am in a wedding Saturday (that day is shot for me) and Sunday is mothers day (another day down the drain:eek:).

Just took this picture in the parking lot of my office. Thursday 5-7-09 @ 2 PM EST:D

Attachments

• IMG00092.jpg
    IMG00092.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 742
I'm busting my arse! My block is in the trunk of my Accord right now. Still need to fit the girdle and align hone it...and of course everything in between:eek: :eek: It's Thursday and I am in a wedding Saturday (that day is shot for me) and Sunday is mothers day (another day down the drain:eek:).

:eek: I'd say you have your work cut out for you:D

Wow! Good Luck to all 3 of you! I dont miss those days at all.:p

Thrashing hmmmm reminds me of the good old days . The stage 2 is treating us better its been taking its medicene and we will see if it wants to run at bowling green looking forward to see you guys there monday .

Kevin is thrashing away. I got a picture on my cell phone late last night of his engine nestled into the car!!

Good luck Kevin.

Wow!

Kevin is thrashing away. I got a picture on my cell phone late last night of his engine nestled into the car!!

Good luck Kevin.

Wow!

Thanks Sam! Worked until 2am last night. Have a long day here at work...then it's back to work on the car tonight. Getting close!
First pic is of the short block when I got home. Next pic is when it was sitting in the car. It's a lot further now:D Thanks to Tom Robison and my buddy Ryan for coming over and giving me a hand dropping the engine in. It's primed, so as long as it starts up with out a rod knock...I'm good!

Attachments

• engine10.jpg
    engine10.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 544
  • engine11.jpg
    engine11.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 530
Got it fired up last night:cool: :cool:

Went from a bare unmachined block on Tuesday to in the car and fired up on the next Tuesday.

Now I need to take a nap for about a day LOL!

Attachments

• IMG00096.jpg
    IMG00096.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 464
Damn Kevin! Way to get er done!

Cliff are gonna be here Saturday????

Kevin,
I was impressed when I got the phone call from you the other night:) .

" Hey Sam listen to this......" Then I here the engine crank over and start.

We are here waiting for you guys.

Ronnie has got one hell of a contraption with him. I am going to try some of his Northern Cook out while I am down here:biggrin: :biggrin:

^^^Thanks for the offer, but I'm far from Texas LOL

I did make a few passes at BG in the car. Due to the rain, I did not have to turn the car up for racing. Instead I made a few easy passes to make sure everything was good....which so far so good:cool:

1st pass: 7.6 @ 96 1/8th mile pass

2nd pass: 10.7 @ 127 off the foot brake launching off idle. Basically I cut the balls off the engine in the tune.

3rd pass: 10.6 @ 127 pretty much the same as above. Going to the local track Friday to bring it back up to it's normal tune;)

What happened to Chris? Didn't see him at the tech session.

I heard someone else did some testing over the weekend....

Attachments

• RSD-ANGRYV6.jpg
    RSD-ANGRYV6.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 236