Las Vegas [West coast nationals]

LV GN said:
it will be phoenix this year. we have talked to the track and they put us down for the nov. dates. 3rd, 4th and 5th. (really nice weather then) i will give more detail's as they come. we are talking to hotel's and will let you guy's know asap. the vegas date is still set with the track and everyone is welcome to come and race. but i just dont see it happening with only one sunday of racing with all the same stuff as last year. we only were able to make a few pass's. and a lot of people wont travel for 1 day of racing. phoenix has like 4 or 5 session's of racing in just the few days we are there. (day and night)we will have our own stageing lane's. its a great track with really good people that run it. you wont be dissapointed.

I am sure we can get at least 15 cars from So. Ca. to support this event.
Jeff

count me in !

Hey Nordy, think you can make it?

OH !!!!!! which track in PHX,??
north or south?

yeeeeeehaaaaaaaa!

cruzn57

cruzn57 said:
Hey Nordy, think you can make it?

OH !!!!!! which track in PHX,??
north or south?

yeeeeeehaaaaaaaa!

cruzn57

Speedworld=North

same here,

never been there, but heard its nice place,
I already put in for time off,
wife agreed, so............

were off to the races !

Here is a link to the web site for Speedworld's schedule:

http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/schedule.htm

Our event, Buick West coast Nationals, will show up on Saturday night and Sunday day, Nov. 4 & 5, give them a couple days to update their web site.

Friday night is their regular trophy program. We can join that, or run in the test & tune lanes. Saturday day, there is a local racer's program with test and tune lanes also.

On Saturday night and Sunday day, we will have specific Buick lanes. We can do our qualifying and eliminations on either day. How about some input from the out of town racers concerning that?

On Sunday, a Ford racer program with 30-40 cars is also scheduled, and we could possibly set up some type of runs with them?

The track entry fee for car and driver is $20 for each of the 4 weekend events. To participate in the Buick program and $$$ eliminations purse, an additional $20 fee will be required one time only.

Trailer parking for all days of the event is allowed, and the track is secured at night.

anybody wanna go along?

looks like Nordy and I will head out to Phx, early fri morning Nov 3rd ( time to be determined) anybody else wanna go along?
I'll be dragging mine on a trailer, but will have tools, and room for spare parts ( in the back of my truck)
the more the merrier !

cruzn57

It's about a 4 hour drive to northern Phoenix (where the track is at), assuming the Hoover Dam traffic is light. But if you have a car trailer with lots of race fuel, you have to take the other route that probably adds about another 45 minutes to an hour.

I went over the Hoover Dam with two 5 gallon jugs of race gas, no problems. Any more then that and they may send you the long way.
Also Chuck is usually at the track with just about any kind of Sunoco race gas you could want.

can some of the locals post up some NICE hotel locations... we want to make sure that our GN's are safe on the trailers ( mine's a open one)..

me too !

I tow an open trailer,
so am seeking a good place to stay,
I'd be glad to see you attend with your opel, haven't seen it in a yr or two,
any one else ???

granatl said:
It's about a 4 hour drive to northern Phoenix (where the track is at), assuming the Hoover Dam traffic is light. But if you have a car trailer with lots of race fuel, you have to take the other route that probably adds about another 45 minutes to an hour.
You are allowed 25 gallons of "extra fuel", over and above what your vehicles hold stock.

I hope so!

when you wanna leave?
nordy and plan to travel together.

cruzn57