Kudos to Cotton's

Joel A. Russo

Way back in the early 90's, I talked to Jack Cotton about upgrades to my '87 GN. He was very helpful, and willing to share much needed information. I wrote some information down, and stored it in my pile of GN paperwork..

A few years ago, I pulled the cover off my car, after it had sat for many years in my climate controlled garage, and had the dreaded no start.... Put the cover back on, and got busy with some of my other cars. Shortly after that, I was on another forum that I frequent and sponsor, Long Range Hunting, and saw a post from a guy that had a screen name of 3.8Turbo and was from Agawam MA. I replied to his post and politely asked him who he was. We stuck up a conversation about rifles, and that was that. Shortly after that I called him and asked for help in getting my car started. He spent time on the phone with me going over all the possibilities. He diagnosed it with clogged injectors.. He offered to send me a set of used injectors, to install and see if it would start. Injectors arrived, I installed, and car started. Called Jack and expressed my gratification.. He offered to let me use them until I bought a new set. He explained that he could sell me a set of Eric's injectors, but I would pay less by going straight to Eric. I ended up buying Eric's 60's and corresponding chip.
Sent Jack's injectors back and thanked him.

Last week I was headed to Ludlow,MA for firearms related business, and shot Jack a text asking him if I could stop in the shop for a meet and greet.. He obliged, and I made a short detour to the shop..

We talked about gunz and cars for a bit, until I headed back to the interstate.

Just wanted to say thanks to Jack and Brian for their hospitality.

Last edited: