Knock Problem

TB3- The knock sensor could be bad as well. I do have a spare. I was thinking that a bad knock sensor would go off randomly. I get knock only on boost. I will replace the knock sensor after I verify the cam sensor. Thanks- Brad

Brad With Car Problems? Its Asolutely Unthinkable!! It Sounds Like It Should Be Me. I Am Moreprone To It And Rely On All Of You For Help!!

im still stinking to the turbo being the cause of this problem.

Problem solved. Finally pulled the TA33C off and put my stock turbo on. Knock is gone. Problem- blown turbo. The shaft was flexing enough to enable the compressor blades to hit the housing thereby setting off the knock sensor. No oil loss at all through the turbo. If anyone runs into this problem look at your compressor blades for chipping. I also verified the stock turbo with and without alky via powerlogger. Thanks for the help. Brad

Talked to Precision Turbo yesterday and the TA33C was not blown. The actual answer is:

Custom built 2 1/2 integrated downpipe. The puck scrapes on the downpipe. I will have this simple problem fixed next week. Thanks- Brad

hmm.... I hope that does indeed fix the problem. How bad was it scraping? was the puck still able to swing all the way, but was just scraping as it swung? or was it hitting and stopping hard? I'm just wondering how the knock sensor was picking that up.

I rechecked it and the puck it hitting the down pipe and cannot move all the way open. The powerlogger shows knock right when the car goes into boost. Precison has ruled out bad turbo TA33C and my good stock turbo confrms that it is not the turbo. I will have the downpipe modified and post my results. Brad