Kill then uh-oh

lucky14

Took my GN out for the first time since it was 100% coming off of resto.

Nothing looks better then PPG Black and fresh clear! :) :cool::biggrin:

Road up to my former employeer to show the guys at the shop how she turned out.

Running around getting on the interstate crusing around 50 a rice rocket that looked to be a 300Z with a whole bunch of body cladding and fiberkits all over passes me and lets the wastegate blow off at me. :rolleyes:

This is one of the few times somone in recent memory has egged me on. I wasn't, then I decided I had to break the kid in right, I let him get about 2 or 3 car lengths ahead while we were at 50, the interstate opened up he was still on it to be what sounded WOT.

I layed the noisy pedal down and caught up, enough to toy with him, I have an 85 MPH speedo which was pegged. but GPS was saying I was at 105 and climbing.

I then as I let him nudge a little ahead I fully planted it blew him away, last I checked it was firm triple digit speeds with him giving up a few seconds away. The next thing I know my 20 min drive to work was done in about 8 minutes!

I swept off the off-ramp and pulled to the light... then a trooper rolls up on me in the right lane, :mad::mad::eek::eek:

Blurps the siren a few short shots and motions for the window to be rolled down. I roll the window down.. knowing I am going to be told to roll it over to the side and don't even think about trying to pull away.

He looks at me and says... "Nice car... fresh paint? "

I responded "Yes" I then told him who did the work on it

He then says,"... looks good espically from what I saw of it... you wouldn't even run it on the street now would you?"

I didn't know what to say, he then told me to have a good afternoon and rolled off back on to the entrance ramp on the interstate. :confused:

WTF.. that was cool and close.

That's cool!! Sounds like he liked the car enough to give you a break. I just got pulled over in my "T" a couple weeks ago 62 in a 50 and he actually let me go. Never thought that would happen in the Buick. Funny thing is he never asked a thing about the car but he did look inside and check things out.

That's cool!! Sounds like he liked the car enough to give you a break. I just got pulled over in my "T" a couple weeks ago 62 in a 50 and he actually let me go. Never thought that would happen in the Buick. Funny thing is he never asked a thing about the car but he did look inside and check things out.

When I got my 86 several years back, my wife and I took it out cruising. While refilling the gas tank, a local cop rolls up and gets out to talk cars. As I was leaving, I said "Can I do a burnout?" He replied with, "You can do anything you want, I can't catch you."

I immediately pulled into the highway in front of the local HS hangout and "staged". I powerbraked and after I had em spinnin pretty good, I let go of the brake and there was a huge cloud of smoke as I quickly left town!

Years later that same cop bought a convertible mustang from me. I didn't recognize him, but he recognized the bodylines of my car under the cover. He started talking about about "that night" and I told him that was me. I then took him out for a ride.

......it's good to have connections. Now, when I get one of those slips, I just call him up for some "car" talk! Now, my car is slowly "paying" for itself.

cops love TR's

came to find out that many of our members are cops. one time i was in OAKLAND at a gas station admiring a GN:biggrin: when out of nowhere a cop pulls up and starts harassing the GN owner:eek:. trying not to be noisy and mind my own business i can hear the cop saying "what year is this" and at that point i say f**k lets get out of here. the cop tells him "on my computer your car comes up as a 86 GN but to me this looks like a 87 with the third light in the back winsheild" i didn't stay to see what happened next because i was riding dirty:biggrin:but i was so surprised that cops knew things like this and after doing a little homework came to find out cops love TR's;)

came to find out that many of our members are cops. one time i was in OAKLAND at a gas station admiring a GN:biggrin: when out of nowhere a cop pulls up and starts harassing the GN owner:eek:. trying not to be noisy and mind my own business i can hear the cop saying "what year is this" and at that point i say f**k lets get out of here. the cop tells him "on my computer your car comes up as a 86 GN but to me this looks like a 87 with the third light in the back winsheild" i didn't stay to see what happened next because i was riding dirty:biggrin:but i was so surprised that cops knew things like this and after doing a little homework came to find out cops love TR's;)

"riding dirty":biggrin::biggrin: