Just took delivery of my first GN

VadersV6

After waiting 4 months trying to sell my cobra, i finally did, and picked up a GN thats been waiting for me all this time. Ive wanted one since I was 15 in 1986. Right now, its not very modded, but it does have LCA's, a TE-44, ported heads, small cam, chip, and its only running at 10psi. im gunna keep the boost down until I get the bigger pump and hotwire, dutt neck, 50lb injectors, translator, ls1 maf, and extender chip on it. Then ill crank it up to 15-17. Then on with the scanmaster and Ill install a power plate and alky and then tune my way up to 20-23psi. BUT, we just found out that the rear end is a 7.5 that some idiot threw in there with 4.11's:mad: As soon as the seller and I figured it out, he dropped the price enough to get me the right rear end when I can actually find one. Nice to deal with someone who is willing to do the right thing for a buyer.:cool: He's a member of this board, and has been very patient with my 1,000,000 questions and constant brain picking.

HaroldGNtopright.jpg

I live in ontario, and work in anaheim. The car is parked inside the building at my work right now cause its raining outside. Damn rain needs to go away. The detail job is way too nice to just go screw it up.
Vendor- Ive been addicted since I was 15. My godfather, Chris Werner had one back when they were new. That car was fast as hell. Then he went on to build an N/A 4.1 regal built by kenny duttweiler. That motor put out over 600hp and propelled the full weight reagl to 10'ohs with a powerglide.

Well **** I am working in Anaheim too! I am on the corner of Harbor and Broadway. Right across from the police station.
Where do you work?

ok cool. If you ever see me cruising around pull me over.

I have a "Girth" sticker on the back window

Phil

Greetings,

Nice vehicle! I too work in the same general area, in that blue-ish 21-story building next door to The Block of Orange. If the car is running fine with the stock MAF there's really no need to change it, thus saving you some $$$ (my car still runs a stock MAF & modified ECM.) Also, the planned 50's might be a tad on the large side for your application. At any rate, feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Several of us plan on heading out to CA Speedway on Saturday January 22nd to do some racing, so if you can join us come on by.

Motor easy,
Morgan
'87 GN; high 10's

Originally posted by VadersV6
I live in ontario, and work in anaheim. The car is parked inside the building at my work right now cause its raining outside. Damn rain needs to go away. The detail job is way too nice to just go screw it up.
Vendor- Ive been addicted since I was 15. My godfather, Chris Werner had one back when they were new. That car was fast as hell. Then he went on to build an N/A 4.1 regal built by kenny duttweiler. That motor put out over 600hp and propelled the full weight reagl to 10'ohs with a powerglide.

VERY VERY NICE!! Looks like my 86! Moonroof, and all badging removed, smooooooottthhhh!

Congrats man! It looks beautiful. I sold my Turbocharged 99 GT going on 2 years ago and I missed that turbo sound and feel. Now my GN is sleeping soundly in the garage for the winter.

I also have been a fan of turbo regals since 1987(I was 17) and had to have one. Damn both of us crossed over, but we won't regret it. For a heavy car with a V6, it throws me in the seat quite hard and I like it.

Nice, clean car. Congrats on the purchase. I am jealous that you have it parked inside becuase its raining. Mine is sitting with a layer of dust on it because of the solid ICE and 2 degree temps we have for six months out of the year.

I got my first TR when I was 17, I will be 30 next month. I have had the addiction the entire time.

Thanks guys. Considering what little mods this car has, and im only pushing 12psi now, this thing is damn quick. Some moron put 4.11's in it a couple owners back. Im getting between 8-10mpg and it sucks. The gears should only suck up like 5mpg. I have no idea where the rest is going. Ive only floored it like 3 times. Any ideas?

Originally posted by VadersV6
Thanks guys. Considering what little mods this car has, and im only pushing 12psi now, this thing is damn quick. Some moron put 4.11's in it a couple owners back. Im getting between 8-10mpg and it sucks. The gears should only suck up like 5mpg. I have no idea where the rest is going. Ive only floored it like 3 times. Any ideas?

Get a scnamster and post all your readings. They will help determine a problem:D

Thanks. Yeah, a scanmaster is on my list of stuff. My friend showed me some threads on here related to poor mileage. I have a list of 9 things to go through now. One thing is for sure. I hear solid exhaust leaks coming from the crossover pipe (i think). The speedo is disconnected cause when it is connected, the speedo makes a ton of noise and the speedo needle bounces around. Doesnt that sound like the speedo end of the cable may be stripped, if the needle is bouncing like that? I heard that the TC may not lock up if thats disconnected. The car also has alot of idle misfires that clear up once the rpms are raised. I found some major vacuum leaks coming around the base of 2 fuel injectors. Ive temporarily sealed them up with gasgacinch. It totally eliminated the vacuum leak, and the idle improved, but only somewhat. This weekend, Im going to have to change the plugs, fuel filter and PCV valve. Then Im going to have to chase these exhaust leaks down and fix them. Does copper RTV suffice for re-sealing the header to the turbo? This is tough to do when this is your daily driver.....stupid me:mad:

Congrats ! Very nice :D

I watched your threads in the cars for sale section, because up until the end of Oct., I was looking too. I found an '87 Limited and picked it up.

FYI, you can save some $$$ on a Scanmaster on E-Bay. Full Throttle has them on there for $229 and free shipping. They're not listed at that price on their website. There are 6 left on E-bay.

I just picked one up last week. They shipped it very quickly, I think it came within 2 days. It's still in the box because the car's hibernating, but I figured I'd grab it at a better price now :D

Thanks for the tip. I just filled out an rpm calculator for the 4.10 gears, tire height, and the 200-R4 tranny overdrive ratio. It says I should be at about 2400-2500rpm. Im at 3200 rpm. What gives? I wouldnt think the convertor would slip that much. The seller said its most likely a 2800 stall.