just installed new turbo, lt1 maf and translator now have high idle

There is an orange wire that runs along the passenger engine bay going to the battery. It has a plug about a foot and a half from the battery, unplug it there with the car turned off. Wait 10 seconds, start the car and let it idle for a while, it will learn after a minute or two. I let mine idle about 5 mins then went for a test drive. If you dont have an orange wire, the previous owner may have wrapped it or painted it black. If you still don't see it, take a pic of your engine bay in that area and post it. We will point it out. I started mine without doing this and it was idling crazy. So I would say that there is a strong possibility this is the issue.

There is an orange wire that runs along the passenger engine bay going to the battery. It has a plug about a foot and a half from the battery, unplug it there with the car turned off. Wait 10 seconds, start the car and let it idle for a while, it will learn after a minute or two. I let mine idle about 5 mins then went for a test drive. If you dont have an orange wire, the previous owner may have wrapped it or painted it black. If you still don't see it, take a pic of your engine bay in that area and post it. We will point it out. I started mine without doing this and it was idling crazy. So I would say that there is a strong possibility this is the issue.

Yeah I just found it thank you. I just tried this and still has a high idle. No vaccum leaks and the tps and IAC valve are good so I don't know what else to do

hmmmm never had an 02 sensor cause a high idle - just a choppy/cammed like idle. An actual scan tool would be nice (IE direct scan, turbo link, or powerclogger) but a scanmaster is better than shooting in the dark thats for sure... Do you have a way to verify TPS and IAC are 100%? If that didnt work to reset the ECM, theres always goin down to the ECM itself and unplugging the 2 main harnesses there, counting to 10, then plugging it back in.

hmmmm never had an 02 sensor cause a high idle - just a choppy/cammed like idle. An actual scan tool would be nice (IE direct scan, turbo link, or powerclogger) but a scanmaster is better than shooting in the dark thats for sure... Do you have a way to verify TPS and IAC are 100%? If that didnt work to reset the ECM, theres always goin down to the ECM itself and unplugging the 2 main harnesses there, counting to 10, then plugging it back in.
I would hope there good. I bought the IAC and tps valve and sensor new lol. And the ecm is in the passenger kicker panel right?

hi, i am having the same issues high idle but im also randomly stalling after accell ...the car is hard to start at that point if i give it gas it will fire up... i have the maf gen 2 3 inch maf i am not sure what the settings in the maf exactly do i read the insinstructions and set it up the best way i could figure...played with some settings got the car better but still not right smells rich also....the car is a complete resto and been having issues getting it perfect since it all went back together...its an 86 engine with precision turbo stretch stock location intercooler...any information on a good starting point for these settings would be much appreciated

I think the problem is solved. Some what. It has a high idle the first time I start it and I leave it runs for like ten minutes and then shut it off then back on the idle is fine