Just bought my first TR goin for mid 11s

+1 Post 34, alot can be done with a Scanmaster.

5min from my house they sell 110 octane (cam2). Wud that help if I put let's say 4-5gallons of it in every full tank n fill the rest with 93 and keep the alky obviously.....Or Is that to much n the car won't burn it all and run like crap? did a lot of reading today guys..... I'm gunna meet with some people next spring (putting car away tomorow) getting it dyno tuned first thing ok the spring all I'm doin to the car this winter is recovering the seats, getting oil pressure gauge, trans temp, wideband a/f, and putting a dual fan setup sense my single makes noice and is on it's way out

Also, the mbc I have no is garbage I think. I called Jim from turbo Buick performance(great guy btw) and he said to go with the rjc boost controler, he said the boost controler I have now cud b y is spools slow from 0-10 lbs then buries the guage past 20. It's an older mbc with a black knob on top. Luke u can turn it by hand or by an alen wrench. Is Jim correct? Is the rjc the best mbc out there for my application

Cam 2 will kill your O2 sensor. Turn down your boost with the actuator. There are many reasons for slow spool, some of which can also cause knock. Check for cracks in the headers or a leak at the turbo and intake couplers. The puck in the downpipe could be misalined with the turbo. You could be too rich because of vacuum leaks or bad tune from the translator/Z06 MAF, alky system messed up, etc, etc, etc. You probably have several small issues but together they are messing you up. Unless the guys that dyno your car are very familiar with TBs you might not get your moneys worth out of dynoing it, in fact you could even damage it. I've seen several cars go boom on a dyno. You don't need a Powerlogger and WB O2 or a dyno, you need to learn about the TB. Like others said before your car has alot of potiential but to reach that you need to learn what you have and how to get it to work.

Ok. Boost is down on 17lbs. 0 KR at all times. Gunna read and save money now. cat will not b driven agian till spring. Come spring what should I do first? Get a data logger and meet up with some locals?

Ok. Boost is down on 17lbs. 0 KR at all times. Gunna read and save money now. cat will not b driven agian till spring. Come spring what should I do first? Get a data logger and meet up with some locals?

You should do a lot of reading and question asking over the winter and then ask some more.
i read just about every tuning thread and i also subscribe to them.
this place gets real busy over the winter with lots and lots of good info.

I'm looking at invoices from the previous owner and there's one from turbo tweak. And on the discription it says no alky kit. How can I look at the chip n tell it it's an alky chip or just a pump gas one?

I have a 3200 stall in it.... And with the trans break on the car is stalling at 2700 at 5lbs and 3000 at 10lbs? Is that normal? And so I should prob launch at 10lbs right?

5min from my house they sell 110 octane (cam2). Wud that help if I put let's say 4-5gallons of it in every full tank n fill the rest with 93 and keep the alky obviously.....Or Is that to much n the car won't burn it all and run like crap? did a lot of reading today guys..... I'm gunna meet with some people next spring (putting car away tomorow) getting it dyno tuned first thing ok the spring all I'm doin to the car this winter is recovering the seats, getting oil pressure gauge, trans temp, wideband a/f, and putting a dual fan setup sense my single makes noice and is on it's way out
If u want to use 100 octane or better u just have to have a extra O2 sensor. I'm running 100 octane now but when I turn my boost back down to 15lb. I'll change my sensor. 1 for 91, 1 for 100 or better... I don't do the alky

The previous owner said he went 1/8th mile once with the car on the 215s that r on it now. It went 8.2 at 89 with a 2.48 60' haha. Is this about good for low 11s with drag radials?

The previous owner said he went 1/8th mile once with the car on the 215s that r on it now. It went 8.2 at 89 with a 2.48 60' haha. Is this about good for low 11s with drag radials?

I would think 89 in the 1/8 is more like low 12's.
I havent seen anything about motor work. Is it a stock motor, cam, head work??? Find out from the previous owner the complete list of what is on the car. Tuning is the key with TR's. I would say not to worry about a datalogger or meeting up with people to get your car running the way you want. My opinion, find a reputable BUICK tuner and have them tune your car for what your looking for. If you try to do it yourself with the limited knowledge of the TR's, it will end up costing you way more in the end.
Oh and when I say reputable Buick tuner, I mean someone who tunes them on a regular basis. Buicks may be 20 yr old technology, but they are like no other...

Well it was only 89 bc he had 215s on it and his 60 was horibble bc he spun endlessly. I think with traction and actually lEaving under boost it wil do 94ish maybe 95. He left off 0 boost and spun alot once spooled. Mods r in sig