Just bought my first TR goin for mid 11s

Onalky87

running 21#. Combo is in sig do u guys think mid 11s at 117ish is possible with sticky tires n leaving off 7# on trans brake

Yeah

i would certainly say you should be in the 11s for sure...off the t-brake you might wanna upgrade your axles and driveshaft ive been told and thats why im not using mine just yet...plus a 7# lauch is easy off the foot brake just my opinion

Drove it today mashed it at 50 n it siad 7 on the knock thing for the scanmaster slowly getting info it it said .9. Isthat normal

Drove it today mashed it at 50 n it siad 7 on the knock thing for the scanmaster slowly getting info it it said .9. Isthat normal
how much boost were you runnin and what mph did it knock at if you checked but thats a lil much on the knock...what octane you runnin? and what do you hav eyour alky set to?

If you keep getting that kind of knock, you won't be going for 11s, you'll be going to the engine builder. The car has potential but unless you tune it you'll blow it up. You've got lots to learn. Read and research. Turn down your boost until figure out the knock.

Running 22-23 lbs. Cud the high knock b bc of how I wax in od n then mashed it so it kicked into second real quick. Car pulls good. Feels like there shuffle b more there. Pre loaded it today till just about the tires were spinning n mashed it it left black marks for honestly almost a 8 th mile I was still spinning wen I let off n wen I dis let off got on the breaks the speedo said almost 80

Forgot to mention. I'm running 93. And it's 45-50 degrees out but idk if that wud matter that much Isk what the alky is set at I'll look tomorow all IMO is it's a progressive kit....the tank is 30% full but the low light comes on wen on boost it is spraying tho c the light that says it's on is coming on

Good, mash that pedal. Don't worry about that knock, means nothing. Turn the boost up to 28lbs and run 93 octane. Alky works great when it's low. No need keep that tank full. :rolleyes:

No need for sarcasm. Not used to these kind of cars I'm used to an ls1. I'm just looking for some help. Sorry if all my questions r noob questions

Just a little friendly advice....Stop with the texting style in your posts with all the abbreviations. Makes it difficult for us old timers to read.

Sorry. I don't have a labtop, I'm posting from my iPhone. Could the high knock be from stomping itanf the car kicking down 2 gears. Versus gettib it in the right gear n slowly building full boost

Well i found today that my car was showing knock just easying into it, but i found on my Direct scan that the car dont know your going to put that much stress on it, and the timing may be as high as 45-48 in over drive(Hwy Spark), but if you drop it out of Overdrive, it drop the timing back to save engine. It can pick up knock aprox 1.5-1.2 when dropping gears, but should go away quick! I have that 6776, and it is real aggressive, especially whenit's cold out.

No need for sarcasm. Not used to these kind of cars I'm used to an ls1. I'm just looking for some help. Sorry if all my questions r noob questions

Well you were given the best advice but ignored it. I'll try again. Don't f***in mash the pedal until you read:
The Grand National / T-Type / Turbo Regal Buick Spring Cleaning Guide
Vortex Turbo Buick Performance
This site's search feature on Scanmaster, knock and tuning.
You can spend a month learning and still just scratch the surface but it's your car and money.
Post questions in the general area when you learn more about what you got and what makes it tick. Doesn't matter what kind of cars you are familiar with, DETONATION will destroy an engine in seconds. Under boost from a larger turbo that window of destruction is even narrower. 20+ lbs of boost with a larger turbo and an unknown tune, low alky and 93 is a receipe for a big boom. Sorry Dude, thems the facts. There could a dozen reasons for you getting knock when it downshifts, probably happens at other times too but since you don't know what the Scanmaster is telling you, you've probably missed it. By learning the basics about the Turbo Buick for these sites you can narrow down the reasons for the knock as well as get a better understanding what makes these little 6s go like hell. Like I said orginally, your car has the potiential with those parts but if the tune is wrong or there are mechanical problems then it will be a sad short story. If you have no computer then go to the library and use a public one. Find some experienced TB guys in your area too.

untitled4.jpg

Ok at te finish line. But how should I check if on the street driving it should it still b 700-800 at wot