Jack Cotten

One more for Jack. I'd like to say that Jack has talked me out of buying probably a couple thousand dollars in parts from him. He has always taken the time to talk to me and has treated me like a valuable customer even when I'm only buying a few odds and ends. I'm sure that's because he sees ALL customers as valuable. I guess what I'm saying is that even though I don't buy allot of parts, when I do I like to buy them from Jack. If I can't buy them from him I measure the service I receive from others against his as he, in my opinion, sets the standard. He's definitely one of the best vendors out there. Thanks. james

Another for Jack,

He did my motor 9 years ago and it still runs strong on my 60+ mile commute and probably 100+ 1/4 mile runs.

Tons of tech help and dragstrip support over the years - you should spend a day at the shop, he is on the phone(s) all day! At the track, he is either racing his car or under the hood of someone else's.

I hope Brian is feeling better!

-Mark Fitzgerald

Another for Jack!

Jack's customer service is fantastic! He always has time to answer your questions. If he doesn't, he will call you back. (and he really will, not like some other vendors:rolleyes: ) I have ordered many of parts through Jack and he has taken his time with me with, listened to what I wanted to do and steered me in the right direction, never rushing me off the phone. I have never ordered parts and have had them shipped to me so fast before! Jack has got me as a customer for life! I would recommend him to anyone!

Jack BTW, it was a pleasure to meet you this passed sunday at e-town. You were busy trying to help that guy with his GN on the trailer, my wife and I didn't want to pull you away to say good bye. Looking forward to working with you and your team to get our car in the 9's!:D Your the man!:D Wish your son the best from us.

Thanks for all your help,
Michael Nogrady

JACK DID A FANTASTIC JOB AT ENGLISH TOWN THIS WEEKEND,,,,taking care of anybody that had questions or problems with there buicks,he did not stop for a minute ,,,,,,,i even had the opertunity to have supper with jack and lori,,which i must say was very pleasant thanks bob and martin

If you want tech support without supporting a vendor use the search function on these message boards. If you want some 1 on 1 tech support from a very knowledgeable vendor throw a little business his way. You probably bought some parts from some place like Summit or Jegs to save a few cents & now it's going to end up costing you a lot more than you would have spent by using a supporting vendor that has knowledge of these cars. It really annoys me when people come on these boards bashing vendors for not taking time away from their paying customers / families to help them with problems they have with issues they have with parts that they didn't even buy from the vendor they are bashing. :rolleyes:

I've never done any business with Jack Cotton, but from the feed back I've read on this board I WILL be one of his customers in the future & his professional reply to your very disrespectful post only helps my decision to be one of his customers. You thought you were going to make him lose some future business, when you may have helped him gain more business.

Great post but I disagree with one thing you stated. Let me clear this up, I have bought several things from Jack and not only is his customer service better than Jegs or Summit, his prices are too. I didn't even realize this until a friend of mine pointed it out to me.

Your going to enjoy doing bussines with Jack.

wow

I've heard you were good but now I'm convinced. If so many people think that much of you it's not an accident, you must have earned it. I'll be talking to you soon about getting set up with a fast xfi. Nothing but respect for you Jack!!!!

and jack puts up with alot of crap as well. i have been send him all kinds of Pm's over the last 4 months and he has givin me lots of feedback and respect.

Cotton

Man what did I start. Why is there always out there that has to be captain negative!!!!!

Nick

Man what did I start. Why is there always out there that has to be captain negative!!!!!

Nick

No prob, it's all good.... I can't make everyone happy, but I do try. Unfortunately, there was a misunderstanding of our conversation, I think it has been straightened out. Thanks everyone that responded here, I have learned much from this thread..

Jacks a straight up, stand up man. He has my utmost respect and my dealings with him through buying parts and valuable advice has been nothing short of professional.

mr. cotton, it's easy to get "upset" when our beloved buick is ill! you know this. lol, you and most of the vendors here will go above and beond the call of duty so to speak.i bet you still smile when after helping somebody to get their car running they say "THANK YOU". just my two cents. get well soon from my family to your son. and thank you for all your help!

Cotton

Hello Jack if you are listening, I wanted to say thank you for coming to the Mid West Buick Challenge this weekend. It was great to see the pumpkin blast down a track that is close to my house.

I think the 12 hour drive (maybe even longer pulling a trailer) you made out to an event that had an unfavorable weather forcast shows your dedication to the BUICk community!!

Jack.. you make me happy.. :)

just keep up the great work... you have awesome customer service.. I really like the follow up calls

Thanks guys... it was a bit of a ride... rough ride out there with no sleep for 2 days getting the car ready. driving all nite. Good to see you Sam, I had a good time hangin with the little one....... just sorry I had the boost issue limiting me to 15 lbs of boost on all my passes cept for my first qualifying run.. we found and fixed the problem last nite, pinched a wire to my decrease solenoid when we remounted my mSD box... oh well, we'll be getting some TT friday and be ready for a change the next time out...

Eh Phil.... hows that car comin...

I bought the engine out of Jack's sisters TR several years ago to install in my hot air 84GN. Install went smoothly (I did it). Engine would not run right when I got done. After trying to figure it out what was wrong by telephone with Jack, he jokingly suggested that I bring it to him. So, I loaded it on a borrowed trailer (no trailer brakes), hooked it up to my Lightning, and my son and I took off for MA (from NC). Twelve hours later, we were there. Jack put us up at his house and spent 2 days figuring out what I had done wrong. He found that the powder coated turbo bracket, while it looked GREAT, didn't work well as a ground source (powder coating is a GREAT insulator). He also found a fuel injector wire that was intermittently grounding out. He also replaced my dead tranny and torque converter. The trip back to NC was much shorter than the one to MA because my TR would run! Would I do it again? In a heart beat! Thanks Jack!!!
Conrad

I am new to the turbo Buick scene but wanted to add my comments as well.
I called and spoke with Jack to order numerous parts(FAST XFI, BB Turbo, Inj,Alky, DP,Wastegate,Boost controller,Powerplate...etc) Jack spent alot of time on the phone with me helping me pick out what was needed and not once did he treat me like I was an idiot or that I was wasting his time. In fact he was the only one that actually talked to me out of three vendors that were contacted via email stating that I was interested in PURCHASING parts.(please dont ask who they were as I am not trying to start any bashing.) ANYONE who is looking for parts should give him a shot.
I purchased ALL of the above listed parts from him. After receiving the DP I was expecting a polished one, called and spoke to Jack again, Jacks reply- " send it back I will refund your money" NO BSing, NO RMA, just taken care of!!
Jack Cotton is a pleasure to do business with and I will be lightening my wallet with him again.
Bryan

Sounds like the type of person I want to give all of my business to.
I have dealt with other vendors on this board, very popular ones, and they do make you feel like you are wasting THEIR time... That pisses me off.
F them.

Cotton, I will be spending some dough... be ready and be helpful.
I want to go 11s and my motor is pretty much stock right now!!! :biggrin:

Jack is a geniune dude. From my first conversation with him a few years back, I knew I had found the help I had been needing. My knowledge and our freindship has grown. Last weekend, Jack came to my house with Laury, and Brian. We had a great day at the track, and I actually got to drive my GN back in the hauler. We all took turns running my car down the track, and Jack did some needed tweaking to the XFI. I ended the day with a 10.30 @ 136.55 with absolutely no control over the boost. Jack is fixing that problem as we speak. The guy is a great freind, and we all enjoyed a nice dinner before he left for home ( a 265 mile ride ) with the "Pumpkin" in tow. I would send anyone his way! Brian

Nothing but good things from me, too. Just purchased an exhaust system and throttle body coupler from him this week. Went with Jack on my Champion ported irons and intake, too, earlier this year. Plenty of vendors between MA and LA, but none better. Counterman.

wow,

What can I say, thanks agin guys. Now to catch up on some email.... I suck with email and PM's.....