It's Been Awhile

Tonyrodz

Hey guys long time no see! I haven't posted on here for awhile. It's been a little over 4 years since I've been around. I just got out of jail after doing 4 years for a crime I didn't commit. Now--don't get me wrong, I'm sure you've heard that almost everyone in jail is innocent, but how many people have it on paper to prove it? I bet not too many! I do. I did the time in a county jail in the beautiful Poconos. What makes it so crazy is I used to be a state corrections officer for 14 years! After doing the time, I'm trying to find a lawyer who would be willing to help me clear my name. The reason I've told this, is because this led me to park the GN in an outside storage yard--after losing it because the soon-to-be-ex(reason I went to jail)called the bank and they took the car. That was my fault because, for whatever reason-I never made the last payment-DUH-which was like $205-but it cost me $1500 to get it back. the car sat--and is still sitting--outside in the grass, exposed to all the elements! Car has t-tops too, which as you know are prone to leaking! Before that the car sat for about 3 years because it blew a headgasket and I got ripped off after getting it fixed by a shyster(it blew after driving 50 feet!) So the car has sat for about 7 years. So my question is--I'm not ready to do it yet as I'm currently unemployed--but does anyone know a trustworthy, reputable mechanic who knows about our cars? I'd need to have the motor rebuilt. I live in South NJ now are code 732, not too far from Belmar. I'd appreciate any inquiries as I'd really like to get my GN fix satisfied. Hopefully it's not too far gone from sitting in the grass for so long. The car is still in Pa but hopefully it'll be out of there ASAP! I've had the car since 97 and I've only put 3-4,000 miles on it since.
Thanks for any input you guys can give.

Welcome back you seem to be in good spirits after being locked up for a crime you didn't commit. God bless and hope you get your car out soon at least you will have something you can look forward too..

I'm trying to be positive but it's hard. I'm in the process of trying to get a NJ lawyer with a PA license to try and help me to fight the charges--even tho I've done the time for them. All I want to do right now is to just clear my name. That's the most important thing to me right now! Everyone in jail claims to be innocent, but how many people have the proof? I do! My own lawyer didn't believe me and sold me out! Then when I get out he says he's sorry that he didn't believe me. Sure--that really helped me! I might even have to sell the GN to get some $$ to pay the lawyer. It also needs so much work to get it on the road, since it's been sitting so long! But what can I really get for it? It has a blown headgasket plus who knows what else could be wrong! I paid $14,000 for it back in 97. Don't even think I could get $4500 for it the way it sits now.

I'm trying to be positive but it's hard. I'm in the process of trying to get a NJ lawyer with a PA license to try and help me to fight the charges--even tho I've done the time for them. All I want to do right now is to just clear my name. That's the most important thing to me right now! Everyone in jail claims to be innocent, but how many people have the proof? I do! My own lawyer didn't believe me and sold me out! Then when I get out he says he's sorry that he didn't believe me. Sure--that really helped me! I might even have to sell the GN to get some $$ to pay the lawyer. It also needs so much work to get it on the road, since it's been sitting so long! But what can I really get for it? It has a blown headgasket plus who knows what else could be wrong! I paid $14,000 for it back in 97. Don't even think I could get $4500 for it the way it sits now.
Does anyone know of a good mechanic in the 732 area code of NJ? I'm not able to get my car looked at right now, but when I'm able I'd like to have a good guy lined up, ready to go.

chops1972 lives around there I believe. Welcome back. If its a dead ringer case any good lawyer should jump on that but they dont like stepping on each others toes. I hope all works out for you .

chops1972 lives around there I believe. Welcome back. If its a dead ringer case any good lawyer should jump on that but they dont like stepping on each others toes. I hope all works out for you .
Like you said--they don't like stepping on each other's toes and they also don't want to piss of the judge in the small town that it happened in--in the Poconos. I was personally told that by a practicing lawyer there.
WOW! LI is pretty far from here--as far as I know. My zip is 07719. Thanks tho.
Anyone else know of a decent reputable GN mechanic who won't try to pay his mortgage off with me?;)