Its been a journey: 18" gnx wheels. Almost ready! I feel like a mad scientist

what happened to the guy that started this thread? he hasn't posted since the post where he announced that they were on ebay..

what happened to the guy that started this thread? he hasn't posted since the post where he announced that they were on ebay..

Maybe because his evil plan to make 2 sets of wheels, sell the 2nd set for what it cost to make both sets, and get his money back didnt work?:eek:;):confused: Sorry, couldnt help myself...........

wow 3400 plus 200. for that ill buy hre or fiske like i have for my ty and get a warranty out of it.

imo they are very bad ass and you did a great job but they could not have copst more then 2k to make. 2500 and they would have sold in a day.

I can't blame him. He put time and money into these wheels and everyone is complaining about the price. I'm sure it took more than a weekend to come up with a CNC program :rolleyes:, the OP put in the leg work and offered them to us. The guys time has to be worth something :rolleyes:. Put yourself in his shoes, why would'nt he deserve to make a couple of bucks for comming out with something different?

I can't blame him. He put time and money into these wheels and everyone is complaining about the price. I'm sure it took more than a weekend to come up with a CNC program :rolleyes:, the OP put in the leg work and offered them to us. The guys time has to be worth something :rolleyes:. Put yourself in his shoes, why would'nt he deserve to make a couple of bucks for comming out with something different?

^^^ AGREED... R&D has to cost money........ companies and individuals like to be rewarded for spending time and money to come up with new products or whats the point.....

plus THEY ARE CNC'ed, FORGED, 3PIECE WHEELS those who know what these are KNOW they cost money..... ASANTIs, HREs, IForged, whatever...... cost $$$$

And I thought he did it because he loved Buicks and the Buick Community- I believe he s making alittle more than a few bucks-try 100% profit!

Guys sorry I have been out for a few. Just had baby and have been tight up with with arrangement and hospital stays. Congrats to me ;). Its a boy!

Ok for all of you guys here rumoring about the product pricing and all.

First off, HRE (for this price) ha ha ha. Do your research.

Second HRE does not produce a product this detail because of the cost of machinery which is about $1400.. Alone. Yes these centers take around 3.5 hours each of mill time and another 20 minutes in the lathe.

Not to mention the R&D that went into and the time it took to accomplish this product.

Oh I would also like to point out the materials used with these wheels. All the same vendors that companies like HRE, IFORGED, and many other. Yes the lips, the inner and centers are all made in USA..

At the end of the day, I have a day job; very good one too. This wheels was a journey of passion for GN, I am 100% happy with my accomplishments. If anyone is interest in my creation I am willing to produce the product for them.

Oh and uh $2500.00. Is under what i pay for this product not including splitting cost of R&D and other little things attached to making it happen.

I would be happy to offer the second set for sale, but I am not going to give them away either.

Thanks

First off. Big congrats on the new turbo (boy):D.

I think that most people don't understand that no one gets rich off making new parts for these cars. Being one of them, I have lots of respect for the people that step outside the box, and make new stuff for TBs.

Great job on the most bitchen GNX rim that's ever been made.:)

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

First off. Big congrats on the new turbo (boy):D.

I think that most people don't understand that no one gets rich off making new parts for these cars. Being one of them, I have lots of respect for the people that step outside the box, and make new stuff for TBs.

Great job on the most bitchen GNX rim that's ever been made.:)

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

If you took Lay-A-Away I'd get em in a heart beat!!:biggrin:
Im fine with that price cause your right Asanti, HRE, Savinni's all cost bread.
Man If you would have made a set next year round this time I'd a grabbed em!

more simple opinion

When its one of two made, it will cost money. If its at flea market prices it may be from china, stolen, easy to copy, or just simply ugly and unwanted. Congrats again on making it happen.

When its one of two made, it will cost money. If its at flea market prices it may be from china, stolen, easy to copy, or just simply ugly and unwanted. Congrats again on making it happen.

I agreed 100%. :cool:

wheels are getting relisted right now.

Ok I have kept it from you guys! Wheels were mounted yesterday but I was waiting for the photographer.

He just surprised me!

So let me know what you guys think.
4585164218_46bc5d96e9_o.jpg

4584536861_4d95e4b80f_o.jpg

4585163932_76b9d348cc_o.jpg

4585163834_8fd47c732b_o.jpg

4584536507_76a4598aba_o.jpg

4585163650_2cc81e11c6_o.jpg

4585163542_d9737699c9_o.jpg

4584536229_bb1f283dde_o.jpg

4585163052_c32b7e30f1_o.jpg

I put in some extras in there.

Thanks
Guys let me know what you think.

just curious to what % tint is on your car

Damn those are hot, great job on the rims but have to agree would like to see what they look like with the beeds in black ! :D

Pricing

I am new here, but I do agree it took time and money to get something
like this done. :biggrin: Is it alitle more than I would have hoped YES! but
no one can expect something that looks this great to be given away anyone
can see there was alot of time and sweat put into making these rims. Oh and
congrats on the boy!! :cool:

YES!!! 17's would be the perfect size. 8's up front & 10's in the rear for $1999 a set. SOLD!

Please dont listen to the ignorance on this forum... Custom=Cash plain and simple.

I know exactly what you've got in these wheels, and I feel you're right on the money... these are not some stamped or cast wheel, the centers start out as a solid CHUNK of aluminum and machined into what you see...

Now I could see producing a cast version that would cut way down on machine time, possibly forged, but the billet option is going to cost money plain and simple.

Good stuff man! Wish I had the cash to throw at a set of these!