Its been a journey: 18" gnx wheels. Almost ready! I feel like a mad scientist

gnandy

I have done it. I will be installing a set of custom 3 piece forged GNX WHEELS very very soon.

The set up I have come up with is 18x8.5/3.5 inch lip in the front and 18x10/5 inch lip on the rear. SWWWWWWEEEEEET!

Guys I have been working on this project. I have invested a lot of time and money. But I am super close to the final. I will be posting pics as we go along.
Its more than a teaser!

Please feel free to give me your feedback and suggestions.

Enjoy! :cool:

4581538694_f1729f1c6c_b.jpg

Wow.....

kewl..... way to step outside the box and take initiative.... cant wait:eek:

....MORE PICS PLEASE:D

Give us some more pics. :)

They look about perfect from what I can see. Except I wish the second set of holes was machined all the way through, but I'm picking a nit.

i agree it would be cool to have more of the holes opened up... especially since these are larger wheels.... people like to show off their purtty brakes;)

i agree it would be cool to have more of the holes opened up... especially since these are larger wheels.... people like to show off their purtty brakes;)

Already went through that subject. I originally started with one more row of open spokes. But remember these wheels are of a complete different process that most wheels. Machining time is crazy on these centers and plus I wanted the extra strenght on the wheel to make sure my extra ponies don't affect them.:wink:

I should the pics of the wheels on the car this afternoon. Just pick up some nittos to hug these babies.

A staggered set would be bad phuckin ass. 19's in the rear 18's up front with a big lip in the rear. The rims look great bud. Do you plan on making them for re-sale or just a set of one off's for yourself?

Paint is in the past already. I have gloss black the centers. I will be posting more
pics soon. So stay tuned.

Enjoy!
4580915895_ab49a61e25_b.jpg

4580914875_0bb9479fa1_b.jpg

Oh and here is a pick of before.

4580905817_85e9597933_b.jpg

Badass! One thought is that you should have left a little more lug spacing. You would hate to accidentally have a lug wrench slip and knick the aluminum or chip the paint. My $.02!