Is this the correct DW300 pump?

gm5150

Spectra fuel sender is new, though this pump looks like it’s too small?
Got this DW300 from amazon.
Is this the right one?
I have 80lb flow matches injectors coming with turbotweak chip I ordered from Eric for 100% E85
I also have an6 and an8 lines ready to install.
Can I get close to 500hp with this setup? Ta49 turbo, stock engine. Will be installing rjc frount mount as well.
Or should I order the 450lph from Racetronix?
AD9E85C7-1790-4723-B771-EE9D3597BA1F.jpeg

Forgot to mention, I do have ported stock heads, 3” TH down pipe.
New timing chain installed.
Previous pump is hot wired

Forgot to mention, I do have ported stock heads, 3” TH down pipe.
New timing chain installed.
Previous pump is hot wired

What kind you of timing chain you go with?
And wondering did you buy the hot wire kit or make you own?

Good deal on the pump, got a walbro and think it's bad after 3 years.. uneven whining noise now...

I installed a comp cam double roller from cottons performance.
It was already hot wired when I got it. Has reds double pumper in it now, though they are more than 10 years old.

I keep reading and seeing pics of the DW300 installed on senders, to me, mine doesn’t look right. I know it says DW300 right on the pump, I just didn’t know if there are Variances with the model?

About to say hell with it and get a Racetronix hanger with an fittings and the 450lph pump

The DW300 is about the same size as the Walbro 255. I’m running just one DW300 and I can run about 18psi but my injectors are over 100% duty cycle so I would consider replacing the reds doubles you have with two DW300’s or going to the DW400. I have same injectors and a TE 60 with Precision SLIC 6.1 chip and champion aluminum heads. I’m still trying to get it tuned since I just started with E85. Right now I just don’t think I have enough fuel to turn it up. I have #8 feed and #6 return but not installed yet. I figured I would try it on the one DW 300 first on my stock lines. Was concerned since many say fuel pressure is too high at idle but I didn’t have that issue. My fuel pressure doesn’t rise above 18psi of boost it starts to drop so I stopped there. I think because the injectors are dumping more fuel than the pump can provide. My A/F ratio is still very rich at 10:1 according to the PL but since I see the fuel pressure drop I don’t want to continue until I get the tune right and it’s rained every day I’ve had time to try to tune it. I think once I dial the fuel down I should be able to get to 23psi range with the injectors and pump all in. I run Casper’s volt booster so I have 14.8 volts at WOT. Hope this helps you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if I’m going to run say 20-23psi boost
On flow matched 80’s with 100% E85
I should get the 450lph?
Sound about right?
My goal is to get close to 500HP
Or am I dreaming to hit that number on this setup?

I’ve read of a few having issues installing the DW pumps in the stock hangers. I’m getting set to install mine soon and looking for any tips.

One member recently had to cut the bottom retaining part of his hanger to clock the pump properly to clear baffles/bottom of the tank and the pump is now just held with clamps around the tube coming down to the retainer.

Pretty much what I keep reading on searches and new threads is the Walbro installs pretty much like stock but the reliability is a little quirky.

I think 500 hp is in the ball park. I’m looking at the DW400 once I get the bigger lines put on. I just removed the bottom of my stock hanger and used a big hose clamp to get the pump on the hanger. Kind of wanted to see the difference E85 made before spending the time on the lines.

So if I’m going to run say 20-23psi boost
On flow matched 80’s with 100% E85
I should get the 450lph?
Sound about right?
My goal is to get close to 500HP
Or am I dreaming to hit that number on this setup?
500 to the wheels? You're gonna have to turn up that TA49 more than 20-23 lbs. Made 481 WHP on mine running about 31ish lbs of boost on the dyno.

I think 500 hp is in the ball park. I’m looking at the DW400 once I get the bigger lines put on. I just removed the bottom of my stock hanger and used a big hose clamp to get the pump on the hanger. Kind of wanted to see the difference E85 made before spending the time on the lines.

So this is a fairly common thing to do when installing the DW pumps is to cut the bottom retainer off the hanger? OK then. Cut it off if needs be and clamp it down. Thanks.

So this is a fairly common thing to do when installing the DW pumps is to cut the bottom retainer off the hanger? OK then. Cut it off if needs be and clamp it down. Thanks.

I’m sort of confused - what are we looking at and why do you need to cut the whole bottom off? Is there no way just to clearance or open up the hole so that the DW Pump sits flush and the nipple fits through the opening and you can put the filter on it or am I missing the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I cut the bottom piece the pump sat on and wiggled the metal pieces on each side back and forth until they came off. Not really cut off.

I’m sort of confused - what are we looking at and why do you need to cut the whole bottom off? Is there no way just to clearance or open up the hole so that the DW Pump sits flush and the nipple fits through the opening and you can put the filter on it or am I missing the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well I don't know for certain as I haven't replaced mine yet, but there was another member in the How To section replacing his pump with a DW unit and he was having issues hitting the tank bottom/baffle with filter provided by DW for their pump. He was instructed by RC to just cut the metal retainer off the bottom of the hanger and clamp it to the tube on the hanger.

I have yet to have my tank dropped to attempt the install, but I have read quite a few issues stuffing the DW pumps in the tank on the stock hanger due to interference issues that seem to result from the filter for their pump.

I like to research quite a bit before I attempt a repair or modification so I don't spend hours trying to reinvent the wheel per se.

There is a small section of fuel line used on the hanger so I don’t see where there would be a issue. I moved mine up a little just to make sure it wasn’t on the bottom of the tank.

Just for reference - here are a couple photos of some of my pumps on hangers.... 1st one is a Turbo Supra Pump.... it's Much "fatter" than the 255 Walbros, etc..... the other is pretty self explanatory - It's a Racetronix Dual 255's... you can see how the Supra Pump is attached with hose clamps... you can adjust the height by shortening or lengthening the rubber hose coupler.

Turbo Supra FP.jpg

Racetronix DP FP.jpg

I just put a DW400 in with a Spectre sending unit and it fit fine no mods needed.

Stock tank? No issues with the location of fuel filter in the tank up against the baffle or anything?

Its an aftermarket tank, but no issues with the sock touching anything. The DW pump socks are awkward, but you can rotate it so it doesnt rub the baffle. I had this same hanger in my stock tank as well.