Is it worth it

BuickTom

So my gn has been off the road for almost 2.5 years now, it started as a little rust repair and before i knew it the car was stripped down to a bare shell and frame, at which point I couldn't decide if it was worth it to continue or not. So far I haven't had much luck in finding a rust free gn / t shell and frame.
Today I found a totally straight 85 regal with 60k on it for $3k (I can probably talk him down a little though). Thinking of using this as a donor, and getting it painted. Unfortunatley this effectively leaves me with a clone; a car whose engine doesn't match the vin, which will cause problems with emissions inspection; and a car thats worth considerably less on paper (insurance and resale) than what I'll have in it.
On the flip side, I'm not building this car with the intent to sell it, or trying to pass it off as a stock gn. I've got a 4.1 I'd like to put in it, I plan on doing a semi custom interior which won't resemble an original gn interior, the car will eventually have a roll bar in it, etc.
So I can't see any real reason to be looking for a gn donor anyway, but somehow using an 85 regal still just feels wrong.

Any thoughts?
thanks,
Tom

I don't have a problem with a clone but 3000 + paint, you will be 5000 into and have to do the swap.
Why not do a swap into the Mazda.
I have seen one and it looked great and if done right would have value.