Is it any wonder this site is now the slowest there is!!

TurboDave

RIP DAVE
Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I can't believe how bad the board has gotten. I have a lot of automotive related sites on my pc, and none run so incredibly slow as this one now is!! It's becoming a real burden just openiong TB dot com. Literally takes MINUTES for the site to get loaded and settled down, not seconds like other sites.
I rarely visit here anylonger because of this issue and use Tapatalk instead (it has it's own issues, but speed isn't one of them)..

ADMINs PLEASE help this site!!!!

I understand the importance of adds but..... I now see that every single post on every single thread has an add banner attached. EVERY POST, some even have two. I mean come on? and add banner on EVERY post on EVERY thread???? How about just an add banner for each thread and leave the individual posts alone!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't agree more! It's ridiculous. I would rather use my laptop to come on here. But I don't even bother trying anymore. So who's seeing all those ads anyway?? I'm fine with the ads. Do what you must but fix the site to accommodate it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave mine loads so so but to post something is usually a nightmare for me. Kinda like the old 9600 modem, hit send and go to lunch. It might load and it might not.

I am a newbie here but I do have to say that I have never seen a site with so many ads before LOL

I dont know what Tapatalk is if its an app I don't know what an app is.. When I want to read the site I use my smart phone and type in the website in the google search bar, its not slow at all and don't notice the adds, I guess ignorance is bliss.

I dont know what Tapatalk is if its an app I don't know what an app is.. When I want to read the site I use my smart phone and type in the website in the google search bar, its not slow at all and don't notice the adds, I guess ignorance is bliss.
go to your smart-phone's app store and search for turbobuick.com. You can download Tapatalk there and access the board. I have gotten to where i RARELY use my computer on the board at all since the phone app is so good.

go to your smart-phone's app store and search for turbobuick.com. You can download Tapatalk there and access the board. I have gotten to where i RARELY use my computer on the board at all since the phone app is so good.
I appreciate you taking the time to try walk me thru it, I have no interest to me its just more...stuff. Now get off my lawn you kids :D

I literally just spent 10 minutes typing out a 3 sentence pm on svtperformance lol. This site has problems but svt is just unreal!

I can't believe how bad the board has gotten. I have a lot of automotive related sites on my pc, and none run so incredibly slow as this one now is!! It's becoming a real burden just openiong TB dot com. Literally takes MINUTES for the site to get loaded and settled down, not seconds like other sites.
I rarely visit here anylonger because of this issue and use Tapatalk instead (it has it's own issues, but speed isn't one of them)..

ADMINs PLEASE help this site!!!!

I understand the importance of adds but..... I now see that every single post on every single thread has an add banner attached. EVERY POST, some even have two. I mean come on? and add banner on EVERY post on EVERY thread???? How about just an add banner for each thread and leave the individual posts alone!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad it's not just me, I thought it was my computer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I do the same thing deezdad does type in the site in Google search I always stay logged in and never have a problem.

I have no problems ever, logged in or not. I use Google Chrome. I have been a victim of the double post though.

You should use tapatalk, no adds! I'm on my smartphone now, but not tapatalk, like you do.
Want to know what I'm seeing? Every post has an add on it. Not just every thread, EVERY post! No thanks I'll stick to tapatalk.

Google Chrome on the PC no issues

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Google Chrome on the PC no issues

That's what my pc uses and where all the problems I'm talking about.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

Weird, super fast on my end with Google Chrome at work and at home. I mostly use tap talk but no issues there either

I use Google Chrome with an AD blocker on my laptop and works fine for me .