Is it any wonder this site is now the slowest there is!!

I'm using Firefox at home on my laptop and the site loads fine and doesn't have any double post issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it to be unusable with either chrome or explorer. I've been looking for other places to go

i can't believe everyone has these problems. We need to narrow down what we are all using to find what the problem is.

99% of the time I'm on my iPhone. Pages load a little slower than before with the new ads, but the double post thing is terrible. I've gotten used to just reloading the page and it only posts once, but still a pita.

I don't use explorer or the new Microsoft browser and I have the fastest internet you can get at the office. Speed doesn't matter though because I finally had to quit using using chrome altogether the other day to get on here.

So I've Started using Firefox and it is much faster that way! At home it's the same thing chrome is slow Firefox ok.

But, my app almost always faster (no matter what browser). That is, unless the thread has a bunch of photos. If the thread is loaded with pics the app crashes. So you have to pull out the laptop and get on Firefox.

Weird!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firefox here....Same dbl post deal. Same slow as molasses in loading a post, getting pics to open.
Maybe, improve the speed a bit, by eliminating the "alter ego" comparisons??:rolleyes:

Google Chrome , other than double post no problem. I guess I'm used to the adds they don't bother me.

This isn't a browser problem and it wasn't the last time either. I switched to chrome years ago because we were told it was an IE problem. I have problems with IE, chrome and safari here, but I have no problems with any other website. The owners and admins can do whatever they want, but your already down to 1/10th of the old participation. I suggest doing something other than blaming it on the users.

To avoid double post - type your message - hit "post reply" then refresh the page. Your message will show up in the thread, but will also still be in the message box. I know it's a pain in the arse, but it works.

On another note, If you go to "new posts" or the forum list all is fast and fine. It's only when you open a thread that it immediately slows down.

I also have no problems with any other site! With all the alleged sponsors members are asked to support why the need for all the adds and who is getting the $?

Last edited:
I never have a problem.
Install Ghostery it is the best ad and tracking blocker utility around. Free. I have been using it for over a year now and easily turned off. It does block some comment sections on news pages but it simply toggles on and off if you need to.
VigLink is blocked and that is where all the ads are coming from on this site.
You wont regret it --trust me.

https://www.ghostery.com/our-solutions/ghostery-browser-extension/
Description:
How does the Free Ghostery Browser Extension help you?

Enjoy a faster web
Some sites take too long to load. This can be due to trackers weighing your system down. Ghostery allows you to block offending trackers and significantly speed up your browsing.

Get the content you want
Remove page clutter so you can focus on the content you want.

Control your data
Sometimes being connected can help you find the data you need quicker, like a location tracker that helps you find the closest cafe. Sometimes it spoils the fun, like a remarketing tracker, revealing the birthday present you wanted kept a surprise. Control your data.

Be Informed, Take Control
Ghostery gives you the tools needed to understand the different types of trackers and how they may impact your overall browsing experience, putting the power directly in your hands.

Here is an unscientific test I completed;
Log out and view as a guest. Its fast that way. Lol

I never have a problem.
Install Ghostery it is the best ad and tracking blocker utility around. Free. I have been using it for over a year now and easily turned off. It does block some comment sections on news pages but it simply toggles on and off if you need to.
VigLink is blocked and that is where all the ads are coming from on this site.
You wont regret it --trust me.

https://www.ghostery.com/our-solutions/ghostery-browser-extension/
Description:
How does the Free Ghostery Browser Extension help you?

Enjoy a faster web
Some sites take too long to load. This can be due to trackers weighing your system down. Ghostery allows you to block offending trackers and significantly speed up your browsing.

Get the content you want
Remove page clutter so you can focus on the content you want.

Control your data
Sometimes being connected can help you find the data you need quicker, like a location tracker that helps you find the closest cafe. Sometimes it spoils the fun, like a remarketing tracker, revealing the birthday present you wanted kept a surprise. Control your data.

Be Informed, Take Control
Ghostery gives you the tools needed to understand the different types of trackers and how they may impact your overall browsing experience, putting the power directly in your hands.

Trying this now, thanks! I have still have some things to learn about it, but this site shows 6 trackers and LS1Tech shows 12. A bit quicker now...

I dont know what Tapatalk is if its an app I don't know what an app is.. When I want to read the site I use my smart phone and type in the website in the google search bar, its not slow at all and don't notice the adds, I guess ignorance is bliss.

Tapatalk is not new at all, deezdad.........all you do is tap your wife on the shoulder and she talks......simple. Try it.

Bruce '87 Grand National

I followed this tutorial and it removed all the ads and pop ups. Sure cleaned the site up and is running much faster now.