Is alky a necessity?

I doubt that there's anyone on this board that takes a look at their car and doesn't dream of new ways to spend money to fix something or make it better.

There's a saying that goes "Which do you want? Done Right? Done Cheap? Done Quickly? You can only choose two.". You can do it right and cheap, but not quickly. You can do it quickly and cheap, but not right. Finally you can do it quickly and right, but it's not going to be cheap.

Personally I've tried to do mine right and cheap, but it's taken a while and believe me, cheap is a very relative thing.

Be confident that your engine is in good running order first before going down any modification path.

I doubt that there's anyone on this board that takes a look at their car and doesn't dream of new ways to spend money to fix something or make it better.

There's a saying that goes "Which do you want? Done Right? Done Cheap? Done Quickly? You can only choose two.". You can do it right and cheap, but not quickly. You can do it quickly and cheap, but not right. Finally you can do it quickly and right, but it's not going to be cheap.

Personally I've tried to do mine right and cheap, but it's taken a while and believe me, cheap is a very relative thing.

Be confident that your engine is in good running order first before going down any modification path.

I agree. One thing I learned the hard way is only upgrade once. I've been through 3 sets of heads , 5 turbos, 5 cams, 2 intercoolers, 3 sets of injectors, etc. Set your goals and follow them. I could've gotten to where I'm at for 1/3 the price.

Well, I've got a goal. Reasonable 13 second quarter miles.

That's not too much to ask for is it?

I've heard of 13's with a stock Hotair setup. This is the combo, adjustable wastegate with boost to the max, 110 octane gas, chip burned for 110 octane and slicks.

I've heard of 13's with a stock Hotair setup. This is the combo, adjustable wastegate with boost to the max, 110 octane gas, chip burned for 110 octane and slicks.

Very true. My dad's hotair went 14.0@100mph which is enough mph for 13.8s on some drag radials.

Combo was chip, filter, adj. FPR, uncapped downpipe, and boost turned up to 20psi. $150 for 13s if you know how to tune.

I went 13.0 with not that many mods and pump gas.