intermittent shut off with XFI 2.0

D's GN

I have an intermittent problem with my car shutting off, it starts back up after a few cranks but will give no indication before it happens. Setup is a FAST XFI 2.0 with the latest updates. One odd problem I noticed is during cranking the Cam light will flash but after the car is running the LED is off most of the time and will randomly light up but does not keep flashing.

Where should I start trouble shooting? Does the FAST require a constant signal from the cam sensor to stay running or is it only used on startup to figure out the firing order. Thanks

Datar

The FAST does not require a continuos signal. If the signal is coming in at the wrong time (loose reluctor on cam sensor) it will cause misfires, shut down etc.. Have you tried logging the Cam (BTDC) or unplugging the sensor after the car is running?

Thanks Cal, I haven't tried logging it but will soon as the car is running again. I will also try unplugging the cam sensor. The turbo is at precisions for a re-re, it was leaking past the exhaust seals so I have a week to mess around with it.

Datar

Thanks Cal, I haven't tried logging it but will soon as the car is running again. I will also try unplugging the cam sensor. The turbo is at precisions for a re-re, it was leaking past the exhaust seals so I have a week to mess around with it.

Datar

Any updates?