Interesting attic find....

GNvsTA

I just came across the Monogram 1:64 black Grand National in a box with some other cars. Put it away in storage and forgot I had it. Are these worth anything these days?

Is it the one that says fastest production car and it has teh nose of teh vette behind it?
If so then yes.
Not sure alot but my undertstanding that was the first run of those

I think you are referring to the 1/24 scale model kit turbo nasty :) Yes from what I understand that is the rarest one- I finally picked up that version last weekend :D .

I think GNvsTA is talking about the tiny Monogram 1/87 scales that came out in the late 1980's. I bought a GN and the silver ZR1 Corvette way back then because I thought that they were cool (I have collected diecast since I was 5 yrs old).

Here is a pic of it (in front of my 1/43 scale 69 Hurst Olds). Please forgive the dust!

John

Attachments

• diecast.jpg
    diecast.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 234
Whoa - that's a nice collection! But may need a hazmat suit if you ever decide to dust....
;)

Hmmm, almost sounds like the one I have collecting dust on top of my display/storage cabinet. Black box with gray graphics/street scene on the top? I also have the early run Monogram or Maisto model GNX in the blue graphic box. That one still has the plastic wrapper on the box...lol.