Intercooler for high 10 GN?

Robes87GN

Bench Racing Hater
I'm sure this question has been asked a hundred times, but i cant seem to find much on it. I would really like to hit mid 11's next year, but plan on doing more as years pass. I want to buy a really nice intercooler that would carry me into the 10's and move enough air for a 60 series turbo. I dont know if i should go front mount or not. I have a little air scoop deal helping my IC out now, but i can tell im stacking air. Anyone got any suggestions?

A stock location intercooler can do it,but will heat soak more on the street.A front mount will not heat soak as bad ,but may cause the motor to run warmer.I have a PTE and my temps stay around 180* with no real increase in lag.Just depends on what you do more with the car.All the aftermarket intercoolers are an improvement over the stocker,but there are some that have taken the stock one to the 10s.

Thanks for the input, but could you give me some brand names and model numbers for me to look at? I am trying to stay in the $750 range if possible.

intercooler

This unit is a bit overkill for what you are trying to obtain, but never hurts to have "too good" of an intercooler

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103433

If you only plan to go high 10s I'd reccomend something a bit cheaper, the MPE 15 row unit, available via:

Nick Micale

Dynotech performance

Ramchargers

Cottons performance

and many others.....these are our top 4 dealers....give them a call

:cool: :cool: :cool:

What about your 15-row? it looks good. Also, what colors do you powdercoat in? I'm looking for a blue.