Intake Manifold Paint

frdstang93

Does anyone know if the intake manifold on the GN was painted from the factory? In the process of cleaning mine up I realized it has been painted and it has a bit of black overspray on it. The front cover also has some black overspray.

I use Rustoleum High Heat Silver paint on all silver parts under my engine:front cover, accessory plate, intake manifold etc. It's not because it's high heat, it's because it is really a nice paint. It goes on beautifully and dries to a really bright silver shine.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_0001_1.JPG
    IMG_0001_1.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 409
t-top piller pod

does any one here knows who may have a t-top gauge pod, or a kenny bell fuel gauge!!!!!!

Man, those both look awesome, is the powder coating pretty expensive? Chrisgarret, how has the paint on the exhaust manifolds held up?

It is not that bad price wise. Clear adds a little. But makes it pretty easy to clean.

Man, those both look awesome, is the powder coating pretty expensive? Chrisgarret, how has the paint on the exhaust manifolds held up?

The paint on the exhaust manifolds was black high-temp. As soon as they pipes heated up, they went from shiny black to dull black, but they look good.

Did you paint the cover with the same stuff, I really like how it turned out. On mine the aluminum is really stained and the valve covers and front cover look like hell, so while I have it apart I want to get it looking like your setup.

If you use the silver paint, be sure you clear-coat it so you don't get greasy fingerprints on it later.