Installed lowering springs

Wld87GN

First of all, as a disclaimer, I do not have a problem with lowering springs, but I think that drop spindles would have been a better way to go. With that said, I had a set of lowering springs (Eibach) that were free so I figured WTH...

Okay Disclaimer out of the way. So I installed the front lowering springs, and for a reason I cannot explain the passenger side sits higher than the drivers side. Like at least an inch.

So I thought I may have not seated the spring in the insulator properly, not the case. Then I thought I did not have it seated properly, not the case. So if it is in the right install location, why the hell is it sitting so damn high?

Bad strut?

The only other piece of evidence I can provide is that I took the wheel off this weekend and when I was removing the sway bar, I noticed that the tension was extreme on the passenger side, where it was pushing the sway bar up(at the end link mount). I am going to try to loosen the sway bar body mounts to see if I can remove the tension. If this does not work, I have no idea.

Any ideas are welcome!

So, you put in used springs and they are not even? Maybe that's why they took them outf?

The stock springs were even? Is it even with the swaybay disconnected?

Stock springs were even. I have not put the wheel back on yet to check height without sway bar connected. It got too hot and humid yesterday, I will check again today, I was just hoping someone would have an idea just in case.

First, did you check and compare the new springs to determine they are exactly the same?

Second, it is critical that springs must be installed with the same orientation in the lower control arm pocket or this will cause uneven height.

Unless someone did something weird, these cars do not come with struts, just shocks?

First, did you check and compare the new springs to determine they are exactly the same?

Second, it is critical that springs must be installed with the same orientation in the lower control arm pocket or this will cause uneven height.

Unless someone did something weird, these cars do not come with struts, just shocks?

Yes, they are the same.

Yes, they are seated in the lower control arm packets properly.

Yes, you are correct, they are just shocks.

I have performed many many many......lowering the front ends of these cars, and even s-10 trucks (the same config) and have never had an issue with ride height being higher than the other. Well I take that back, when we were young and dumb when we cut coils on our trucks we had to do this a couple times to even them up ;). With this being said, the only reason it is higher on one side versus the other is the spring rate...whether longer, shorter, different rate, etc. It's easy enough to disconnect your sway bar and let it rest during this process anyways. I would just make sure that nothing stupid is not letting the suspension rest. Make sure that these springs are not so (soft) low that the passenger side upper control arm isnt hitting the down pipe either. I have had this issue with my Coil Over setup and noticed it right off hand, and made adjustments.

I have performed many many many......lowering the front ends of these cars, and even s-10 trucks (the same config) and have never had an issue with ride height being higher than the other. Well I take that back, when we were young and dumb when we cut coils on our trucks we had to do this a couple times to even them up ;). With this being said, the only reason it is higher on one side versus the other is the spring rate...whether longer, shorter, different rate, etc. It's easy enough to disconnect your sway bar and let it rest during this process anyways. I would just make sure that nothing stupid is not letting the suspension rest. Make sure that these springs are not so (soft) low that the passenger side upper control arm isnt hitting the down pipe either. I have had this issue with my Coil Over setup and noticed it right off hand, and made adjustments.

Thank you. I am 99.99% sure nothing is hitting, but I will check it out again. Thanks for the feedback.

Okay so after loosening the load from the sway bar the front end leveled out within 1/4"

Thanks everyone.

There you go. Might try a short drive to settle in the springs, the reset the swaybar to neutral on a level surface.