Induction/Plenum Question

GNuisance

Hooligan
I am experiencing Idle Air Control issues on the car. IAC readings ~90. The car is set rich as Hell, O2s ~800, while I'm still breaking in the build. Coming up on my 500-mile oil change.

I realize it is a fool's errand, attempting to force a 6262 through a stock throttle body. Until I come up with the scratch for a larger intercooler/70mm TB-Plenum, it's what it is.

Is this a parts issue, and I am just a nitwit attempting to run this turbo through a stock IC/plenum, or can I fix this with a few tweaks until I rob a few liquor stores?

I appreciate any help.

Attachments

• DSC_0194a.jpg
    DSC_0194a.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 70
I am experiencing Idle Air Control issues on the car. IAC readings ~90. The car is set rich as Hell, O2s ~800, while I'm still breaking in the build. Coming up on my 500-mile oil change.

I realize it is a fool's errand, attempting to force a 6262 through a stock throttle body. Until I come up with the scratch for a larger intercooler/70mm TB-Plenum, it's what it is.

Is this a parts issue, and I am just a nitwit attempting to run this turbo through a stock IC/plenum, or can I fix this with a few tweaks until I rob a few liquor stores?

I appreciate any help.
hi, i am not expert, but the IAC works closely with the throttle position sensor, so when you are attempting to get 10-25 idle IAC, you must check and also adjust the TPS to maintain .42-.44.
I have a 6265 BB through a ported stock throttle body and intake with no issues, so you should be good there.
thanks
Jim

I spoke to Dan about it, he had it set where it's at because of an issue with the fuel return. Good to know about the intake, though. Maybe time to break out the dremmel?

How much boost are you pushing with the 6265?

I don't understand the problem. If you open up the throttle blade the IACs won't come down?

I've heard two schools of thought . . . one of them is that opening the plenum/TB has fuck-all effect on the engine, given the flow from plenum to lower intake, and the result is just a bunch of money. Would I be better of spending it on a new downpipe with an external wastegate?

I'd like to see where I'm at with 25 psi and DRs next summer. My concern is boost creep. The 3" downpipe limits how far the turbo can be ported. First I need to sort out the tune. After that, I can play with the boost a bit and see if it's creeping.

Unfortunately, even under 20 psi, if I try to roll into it, anywhere south of 60 mph it just fries the tires.