In the 11's tonight finally! 11.83@114

HouTX87

First time in the elevens tonight! 24lbs boost, 93 and alky, translator settings at 0, alky at 6. Stood on the brake as hard as I could and launched at 5psi. The used pair of et streets I picked up hooked beautifully! I rigged up a toggle switch to the aldl and locked the tcc once I shifted into third. No knock but 02 recall showed 819 so I'll be working on getting the wideband installed next.

IMG_20140117_220033.jpg

I apologize for the blurry image from my phone. Please let me know how the numbers on my time slip look. I didn't make another pass out of fear of hurting the transmission.

Nice job! There is more there with practice, and tuning. Get a wideband. There is enough left in the 60' to get into the 11.5 range.

Nice job! There is more there with practice, and tuning. Get a wideband. There is enough left in the 60' to get into the 11.5 range.

Thanks! I would've liked to have made a few more passes to practice launching and see if she'd go any quicker but I didn't want to beat on the stock trans too hard and I was thrilled to get the 11 sec time slip on the second pass and call it a night. Wideband will be going in asap!

I think my tune is a little rich at this point based on the narrow band numbers. 820 at the end of the run. I won't be making any adjustments until the wide band is up and running. Would this likely help increase my mph?

There was another guy at the track tonight with a black '87 T who was also chasing his first 11sec pass. Blacked out like a we4 but not sure if it was. Late '80s camaro wheels on the front. I saw his first pass I think he went 12.1 at 112. Didn't see him again after that. Possible member of the forum? Anyone know the car?

Thanks! I would've liked to have made a few more passes to practice launching and see if she'd go any quicker but I didn't want to beat on the stock trans too hard and I was thrilled to get the 11 sec time slip on the second pass and call it a night. Wideband will be going in asap!

I think my tune is a little rich at this point based on the narrow band numbers. 820 at the end of the run. I won't be making any adjustments until the wide band is up and running. Would this likely help increase my mph?

Lean is mean and will help mph. Don't get crazy though. 10.5 to 10.8:1 seems to be good with a single nozzle. And spraying meth messes with the NB so you might be surprised how close you are right now. It may have a lot left in it yet too. The WB is a good idea to know for sure. Fueling problems will show up on a WB too if you're not monitoring fuel pressure now.

I punched in my 1/8 and 1/4 mile times into a conversion calculator. The numbers are nearly dead on. I guess this means I'm doing well on the big end? Would an e-brake launch with more boost possibly get me a 1.5 60ft?

The WB is a good idea to know for sure. Fueling problems will show up on a WB too if you're not monitoring fuel pressure now.

I need to see if I can connect my fuel pressure transducer to the powerlogger. I haven't done any logging lately. While making my pass the only thing I was looking at was the scanmaster to watch for knock. Watching all of the gauges during a run is harder than it sounds. I don't think I even looked up at the boost gauge after I launched.

Congrats! :)

Thanks!

E brake launch will help if you have good tires and a well preped track.

a 10lb launch as long as you hook should give a 1.5 60ft

becarefull when you launch to put a cable on the ebrake handle and sit back, keep your left foot planted on the brake pedal and pull at the SAME TIME!!!!

might want to adjust cable under the car so you dont have to push the ebrake pedal as far down,

right in front of drives side wheel under car

hope this helps!!!

Aren't e-brake launches hard on the backing plates? I was able to launch at 10+psi off the foot brake with vacuum setup even. And it did net me a 1.53 60'. That's my 11.34 run in my sig.

And it is harder than most think to try and get a read on all the gauges. Powerlogger helps for sure. I should get one.

Aren't e-brake launches hard on the backing plates? I was able to launch at 10+psi off the foot brake with vacuum setup even. And it did net me a 1.53 60'. That's my 11.34 run in my sig.

Its hard if you forget to release foot an ebrake at the SAME TIME!!!

keep your left foot planted on the brake pedal and pull at the SAME TIME!!!!

So release the e-brake just before the foot brake?

I spooled up twice when I made this pass. The first time I spooled up and the tires broke loose about 6psi. I didn't realize one of the guys was talking to the C6 in the left lane, but it worked in my favor since I got a second chance to spool it up :).

Leave it tuned where it is and drive it on the street.

It will be a lot more fun than playing contortionist at the track making numerous passes trying to figure out how to net a tenth or two. ;)

Congratulations. :cool:

I agree. Too much to do with a ebrake launch. Oh, and congrats on the times!

Leave it tuned where it is and drive it on the street.

It will be a lot more fun than playing contortionist at the track making numerous passes trying to figure out how to net a tenth or two. ;)

Congratulations. :cool:

Thanks. Glad to hear that the numbers look good for my combo. I know I'd have to start cranking the boost up into the high 20's if I want to dip into the low 11's. I need to save up some $$$ for a built trans before I push it any harder, but I'd love some low 11 sec bragging rights :cool:. This is a true drive anywhere street car. Made the road trip from Houston to Bowling Green the last two years in a row. I only make it to the track about twice and year and usually only make 2 or 3 passes. Maybe it's time for some more brake and suspension upgrades ;).

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Would a built trans likely help maybe a tenth or so?