I'm Stumped

Morden

OK- Here is what I did-
I removed the valve cover on the passenger side. Took the rocker arm assy off. Replaced the nylon retainers. Put the assy back on. Torqued the rocker arm assy to 25 ft lbs. Put the valve cover back on using a perma dry plus gasket. Started the car. Now the BLM is at 140. It was 133 before I did all this. What could have caused it to go higher?? :confused:The only other thing that I did was I found a wire that had come loose from the front of the engine- not sure what it was- but I reconnected it. It was only about 1" from it's sensor when I found it so I plugged it back in. I reset the ECM afterward and still high. Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks for any help.

I looked the sensor up in my manual looks like it is the coolant temp switch.
What does the switch do as opposed to the temp sensor?

Did you put the rockers in the right orientation? There is a intake and exhaust rocker, I'm not sure the differance in them though :eek:

I looked the sensor up in my manual looks like it is the coolant temp switch.
What does the switch do as opposed to the temp sensor?

The coolant temp switch turns on the cooling fan when the engine coolant temp gets to about 208 degrees and turns off the fans when it gets to about 197 degrees. That's the turn on/off temps for my car anyway!

The rockers were put back the same way they were taken out. I did look them up in the manual just to make sure that they were right.
My fans come on at 175 and shut off at 160.

Double check all the vacuum hoses. PCV, digital dash map line, some stuff for the heater coolant lines. Must have done something.

Is the higher BLM what you're seeing after a few miles of driving around? or just sitting letting the car warm up?

Many tiimes the BLM will read higher like that if all you're doing is sitting letting the car warm up, and will re-stabalize after a "drive around".

It is just letting the car sit and warm up.(is this normal?)
I have not got to check all the vacuum lines yet.
Heading to the shop now.