I'm seriously considering a Hellcat guys

WRX not reliable? Mine has almost 200k and it's never been to the dealership once. Seems pretty reliable to me.

WRX not reliable? Mine has almost 200k and it's never been to the dealership once. Seems pretty reliable to me.

Time will tell. My '05 went through an AC compressor, power steering pump, and alternator by 50k. Also at 49k I lost my 4th gear synchro. Luckily that was all under warranty. The guy who bought it had trans issues at 100k. Neither of us drove it hard. My '14 is a MUCH nicer car though. I just changed all the fluids at 30k. One strut us blown already, so I'll be putting in a set of Konis soon, new tires, and alignment. I've spent a lot of time chasing down rattles, so it finally does not sound like a tin can.

Mine is a 2004. Only issues have been a bad center diff ($200), an O2 sensor and a t-stat.
Everything else has been fine. I'm in the middle of installing the 3rd timing set. No plans to get rid of it. It's too damned reliable!!
When I purchased mine I gutted the interior and gave it a full dynomat treatment (doors, roof, floors)- Feels and sounds WAY more solid. You might try that for the tin can sound.

967d4b5aa40d2fda69f705f8830de53a.jpg

This is my dad's 2009 RT, 6spd with 2600 miles on it. I've drove it and banged the gears some (with him riding with me). I like the car overall...but can feel the weight of the car when accelerating. Those engines diffently have some potential. It's on it's second transmission due to it not having any trans fluid in it when he bought it. It started making noise when it had around 1,000 miles on it when he was coming home from work one evening and the car started slowing down on its own until it just stopped on the side of the interstate .....had it towed to the dealer and they said somehow it got missed getting filled with fluid at the factory. They replaced the transmission for him. Overall I like the car though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I rode in the Hellcat I posted a picture of on Friday. My god the thing is a torque monster, it makes my 505 HP Z06 feel like a Honda Civic. It was comfortable and rode very nice. It will be my next car, but I sure as hell don't want to be the third owner of one.

Ya, Im not gonna compare GN's to the Challenger, nor the owners at all. Of course Hellcat owners are dicks. Ever heard of the term "Built, Not Bought"? There is a difference in an owner that builds a specific car vs just buying one. I dont care what people think, that is for "Car Show" guys. Something I am not. I would have the hellcat running 1000HP and doing wheelies with it in no time.
I am what you call a "HorsePower Junkie".... I like anything that is fast. Ask Dvernst about my lil quad runner with a CBR600RR motor in it...lol...I didnt have to be friends with other CBR owners. I build junk,race it, and move on.

I cant get past the looks of a camaro. The designers Eff'd it up. My kids will not be able to even go for ice cream in the back and and the blind spots from the back window and sides are crazy. Im 6'1 BTW.

The first thing is that so far every SRT or Hellcat owner I have come across except 1 at car shows is a stuck up asshole. Then I rode in one at a short drag race setup at Barrett Jackson. It was not impressive. My 11 year old son told the guy that his Dad's GN is faster before getting out of the other car.
Hey Mike I have a SRT and met you at Barrett Jackson last year..what are you saying? LOL Yeah I have experienced the same thing when I try to talk to people about their Challenger, they act like its the superior being or something, especially the dealers that have a Hellcat, complete turn off, probably why I hang with the Buick guys at any event no matter what car I have with me. Used to have 4 Trans Ams, but only attended a Trans Am event twice in my life...TTA event once whihc is not in the same category. That is funny as hell your son telling the driver that..LMAO, way to go!

I re-read my last post and I think I came off as being a jerk. Not my intentions tho. I just have a passion for building things..That's how I get my release in life.

K. Guys. Its getting closer to actually doing something here. I have been looking at all kinds of Challengers and Love the idea of a Scat Pack. Now lately, I have seen a few credible websites indicating there is going to be a Challenger T/A and I am excited to see this. Anyone know if you can order one yet?

K. Guys. Its getting closer to actually doing something here. I have been looking at all kinds of Challengers and Love the idea of a Scat Pack. Now lately, I have seen a few credible websites indicating there is going to be a Challenger T/A and I am excited to see this. Anyone know if you can order one yet?
I have a friend who has a Scat Pack Shaker , stock I've seen him run 12.90's at 113 . Bang for the buck , that's what I would get .

Should be able to order one in one or two weeks, I bought a jazz blue r/t as my daily last month, traded in a jazz blue sxt...both are great cars.

My wife and I bought one a few months ago. No regrets here, we love the car. I still love Buicks and have my Stage II car and a half a garage of spare parts. :rolleyes: It's nice to have something new, under warranty with all the whistles and bells that you can go out and have fun with anytime you want to. As far as being a car show guy I'm not one of those guys either. The Hellcat is my wife's daily driver and it's truly a badass ride.

Neal

The aftermarket world is now just starting to get these cars in the 9's.
The gang at METCO are producing stuff for that car. Christy has 1, that I'm sure is the "test platform".
Might give them a call, and ask what they're seeing/doing.

I didn't end up buying the Hellcat, picked up a TT 911. I'm still thinking about that damn Hellcat though.

I bought a 2011 rt challenger, lemon lawed it and kept my 2011 mustang

I'll never buy a dodge product again

Ford does offer a hellcat killer
5.0 with blower 727 hp for 40k out da door. 2016 mustang with full warranty at 727 hp. Sign me up

Ya, i looked at those Mustangs and cannot get past the looks..Both inside and out. The Hellcat is big enough for my kids to ride in and be very comfortable and the looks......man...The looks of a Challenger are beautiful. Reminds me of my 916 and 748 Ducati. They just nailed it IMO. I have been looking at used ones with only one owner lately. The prices on a used Hellcat (1k-8k miles) is getting very tempting. I may get one at 50k this winter if I can find the right deal.

I think the Challengers just look so damn cool. I needed something with a hatch, so I started looking at a Durango R/T. As much as I fell in love with the electronics and great use of space, I really wished for an SRT version. The SRT Jeep is nice, but a bit over my price range. I ended up finding a CTS-V Wagon. So far I'm loving it. To be honest, think about a CTS-V as an option #2. You can pick up coupes / sedans in the mid $30k range. Not sure if it is your style, but the LSA is a good platform. With a tune, intake, small pulley upgrade, and optional injectors, you should be able to hang with a Hellcat no problem. Also, last I heard you need to send the ECM in on a Hellcat to have a jumper soldered before you can tun it. That will be a red flag with the warranty Nazis.

A buddy of mine to owns a used car lot (the tote the note kind) was at the local auction today and said there was a Hellcat with only 3k miles on it, he couldn't figure out why it was at the auction...my guess was it was the test track car for shows, where they hammer it for 100 yrd turn around and let someone else hop in...probably 12,000 0-60 blasts done in the car...he didn't see what it sold for..

My '13 SRT Chally still has not had any issues, has about 25k miles on it now and gets hammered daily :) Just sold my '99 30th Anv TA, got one more car to sell then I'm off to Bowling Green to build me a Z06 is my goal now, the way the dealer treated me when I tried to order a Hellcat 2 years ago rubbed me the wrong way to ever buy a Dodge again no matter how much I like my Chally.

A buddy of mine to owns a used car lot (the tote the note kind) was at the local auction today and said there was a Hellcat with only 3k miles on it, he couldn't figure out why it was at the auction...my guess was it was the test track car for shows, where they hammer it for 100 yrd turn around and let someone else hop in...probably 12,000 0-60 blasts done in the car...he didn't see what it sold for..

My '13 SRT Chally still has not had any issues, has about 25k miles on it now and gets hammered daily :) Just sold my '99 30th Anv TA, got one more car to sell then I'm off to Bowling Green to build me a Z06 is my goal now, the way the dealer treated me when I tried to order a Hellcat 2 years ago rubbed me the wrong way to ever buy a Dodge again no matter how much I like my Chally.

Last year I got snobbed just trying to buy an SRT Challenger. Now I can have my pick of 2 dozen Hellcats for invoice LOL. Scat Packs are going for under $40k!