I'm seriously considering a Hellcat guys

I drove by a local car rental place a couple of days ago,it's on the main street to my house so i didn't drive out of my way to see it, and i saw a new Dodge Challenger on their lot it was all black and looked really sharp. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a hellcat but still a nice looking car even without the performance. (y)

I'm in TX and we carry the Camaro SS, the Mudstain 5.0 and the Challenger RT. I work for A***/B****** . lol

The Hellcat is a sweet ride, if you have the cash why not... However, dealers have them so marked up it's insane.

ok. I just got back from a dealer that had an 08 srt8. After arguing withe the manager to let me take it on my own, I gave up. Drove the car for around 20 min and was very impressed. The seats were too high and not exactly comfortable, but the overall performance and quality was very nice. I really dont know if I want a hellcat anymore. I think modding an older srt8 would suffice.

I dont know. I was not interested in buying it. I wanted to see if the car "Fit" and then look for one I want.
That model has only 425hp and the 2011 srt8 has 470, so I will be looking for an 11 on up. Like mentioned above, the scat pack is an option too. I did like the big brakes and all the other little features tho.

I dont know. I was not interested in buying it. I wanted to see if the car "Fit" and then look for one I want.
That model has only 425hp and the 2011 srt8 has 470, so I will be looking for an 11 on up. Like mentioned above, the scat pack is an option too. I did like the big brakes and all the other little features tho.

Plus , on the Scat Pak , you can get the Shaker Hood , cool as hell !!!!

I do love my SRT options, if you're in a cold climate, the heated steering wheel is awesome as well as heated seats which most other models have. The 13 speaker radio with sub in the trunk some people think does not sound very well, I think they just didn't adjust the EQ correctly for the music they were playing as mine rocks like no other playing heavy metal! Can also hook up a backup camera easily in the big touch screen Harmon U-connect radio. Also have adjustable ride, the performance mode will jar your teeth out like the TTA :)
Was the '08 you drove an auto or M8? Don't recall if the '08 had a 5 forward gear auto or not with paddles??

... don't forget the hat.
Walter_White_(with_hat_on).jpg

I do love my SRT options, if you're in a cold climate, the heated steering wheel is awesome as well as heated seats which most other models have. The 13 speaker radio with sub in the trunk some people think does not sound very well, I think they just didn't adjust the EQ correctly for the music they were playing as mine rocks like no other playing heavy metal! Can also hook up a backup camera easily in the big touch screen Harmon U-connect radio. Also have adjustable ride, the performance mode will jar your teeth out like the TTA :)
Was the '08 you drove an auto or M8? Don't recall if the '08 had a 5 forward gear auto or not with paddles??

That looks amazing!
I was skeptical at the power these cars make vs the curb weight, but damn! All the internet vidoes don't do them justice. Im glad I drove the SRT model that was recommended because i am a believer now!

This reminds me of the time I was skeptical of the 4 stroke Motocross bikes. lol

Wife said sell the TTA and trailer and go get what ever color you want. I have been looking at the Jazz blue 2016 hellcat and feel like I'm sold. Everything I have been researching shows these cars are absolutely no joke and they haven't been pushed hard yet. The aftermarket world is now just starting to get these cars in the 9's. Give it 5 more years and who knows where they will be. The 4 door Charger hellcat makes me laugh every time...lol
I really have to drive one of these to feel if the chemistry is right tho.
Any hellcat owners here? Anyone switched to the "other" side?
Don't do it I saw a video on board last night where a hellcat went up against a gn and the gn smoked the hellcat in the quarter mile don't get me wrong the hellcat tried to chase him down but just couldn't and this was at a track well prepped not some street race

ummmm an 08 SRT8 vs a Hellcat is like comparing a 1980 Vette to a 2016 Vette. apples to oranges bro.... ur not gonna find out shit about the Hellcat by comparing it to an 08 SRT8. nite n day difference....

ok. I just got back from a dealer that had an 08 srt8. After arguing withe the manager to let me take it on my own, I gave up. Drove the car for around 20 min and was very impressed. The seats were too high and not exactly comfortable, but the overall performance and quality was very nice. I really dont know if I want a hellcat anymore. I think modding an older srt8 would suffice.

That looks amazing!
I was skeptical at the power these cars make vs the curb weight, but damn! All the internet vidoes don't do them justice. Im glad I drove the SRT model that was recommended because i am a believer now!

This reminds me of the time I was skeptical of the 4 stroke Motocross bikes. lol
Just my .02. I have a Hellcat and have really been happy with it. I ordered it the first day it was available and got it in Feb of 2015. Black hood option held it up and I deleted that in order to get the car sooner. About 15,000 miles now and I would say I have been very happy with it. Only a couple of track passes just to check it out and best I did was 11.42 @124. That was at Memphis and not much traction off the line with Nitto's 555R on the back. This is my DD not my race car and I find it hard to not like. I know if you start making much more power and hook up the drive shaft is week. Again I have been happy with it and would recommend it. This coming from a GM guy. (Even using the black key (500) HP mode car is fun).

Hellcat vs Grand National

I don't know if this GN owner is on this forum or not? But nice kill!

I just got back from test driving a 6 speed R/T in MINT condition. That dealership pulled it out from the showroom floor and tossed me the keys saying "Take it as long as you need."
Overall, I want leather seats(retro style), 6 speed, NO sunroof, and the max hp.....lol. I showed the wife and she was impressed. She did some gear banging in it too!
I know what I want, now just have to find it. Shouldnt have to travel too far to get it either.

I just got back from test driving a 6 speed R/T in MINT condition. That dealership pulled it out from the showroom floor and tossed me the keys saying "Take it as long as you need."
Overall, I want leather seats(retro style), 6 speed, NO sunroof, and the max hp.....lol. I showed the wife and she was impressed. She did some gear banging in it too!
I know what I want, now just have to find it. Shouldnt have to travel too far to get it either.
Good deal! THey are a dime a dozen if you just have patience the one you want will come around. I had some very specific options I wanted..larger radio with the best sound system available, red interior, mineral grey with red stripes, and sun roof...dealer found one about 300 miles away and had it the same week..didn't even have to special order it.
Ride wise and handling, the 08 and hellcat are very similar, there have been some enhancement of the ride over that time, but '08 was the first year, I hate buying the first year of a new model, many things have had slight refinements each year. I'm very happy with mine and now that the HC's have been out a while, I have no desire to trade it up now, warranty runs out in 3 yrs then I, and you do too, have the know how on what to add and rebuild to make it faster than the stock HC and still have modern day comfort and handling. I have to say, the corner handling of this 4400# car is what surprised me the most!
GN is faster on the strip, easy to do, but it sure is not as comfortable to drive everyday, thats why the GN goes to the track, and the SRT goes to work with me:)

Have fun and keep us posted!

What is available in a bolt on supercharger or turbocharger kit?

What type of power level?

Seems as a lot of guys are doing the sts turbo kits.
I have been reading 8psi max on boost. So adding 100-150hp is starting to push it. The pistons can only handle around 550 rwhp? from the little research I have been doing. That is still a lot of power on the street tho. Not looking to win races, but have a good time to and from work.
Remember, the Hellcat is 707 at the crank. Im guessing 600hp at the crank can be had and not pushing it to the limits. But like I said, just my little research. Maybe the others that have experience can chime in.