Ideas on increasing boost?

granatl

TRCM Author
Today, I decided to try to increase the boost on the GN (and pull timing via the Translator Gen 2). Shortening the wastegate rod and the RJC boost controller would not take me past 19 PSI. I even opened the exhaust cut-out, but that had no impact either. I did spin the boost controller the other way and it did lower the boost. I do not have ECM-controlled boost (no wastegate solenoid); it's all manually controlled. Any thoughts on what to check?
GT-67 turbo, RJC front-mount, etc.

Check the hoses on the intercooler. I had one loose once but it didn't look loose. Push them on as far as you can.

Remove all of you IC piping and check for wrinkled or colapsed tubing. T-bolt clamps that have been over tightend can damage the tubing or hoses and cause leaks. Thats if you don't have an exhaust leak.

I finally took the time to look into this today. Just as predicted, the one clamp wasn't even remotely tight. It was actually just hanging from the intercooler. It's rather surprising that it never popped the pipe out of the hose! Now I'm seeing 23# very easily. Thanks!