I think I ate my crank!!!

Crazi

Why Try...
I finally got around to pulling the motor after my financial setback in getting my car running again. Well I cleaned the thing off and pulled the oil pan and saw a few metal shavings but not any big chunks so I figured I might be good. Then I pulled the cap off of the offending rod and saw the bearings so beat up they were overlapping each other!! There wasn't even the little ridge that runs on the sides. I pulled them off and looked at the crank and saw that on one side, the crank was worn all the way down to almost even with the rolled fillet!:( I rotated it all the way around to see if the whole thing was messed up and it was mostly near the top of the journal.

I have pictures but haven't been able to get my camera to download to my girlfriends laptop. I was going to ask if I needed a crank but after typing this and looking over the pictures again, I am almost positive I do. Any opinions or moral support ;)?

Opinions do not matter in this case, only getting the crank miked will tell for sure.

Goomby Crank

When the new or ground crank goes in .... ya gotta get more oil pressure for the next round. Lots of oil pump kits around to increase pressure ... and a few hours with a die grinder, file and emery will clean up the oil passages in the front cover to increase flow ... then crank lasts longer...

Man that sucks. Have the crank checked, you never know it may be good. Spun bearings hurt!!:D Frank