I REMOVED THE CHROME STRIP ABOVE THE RADIO / GLOVEBOX - ANY CUSTOM IDEAS??

To clarify what's going on.......
At first I suggested a solution to his problem.
Then I shared my feelings regarding what I believe to be poor styling.
Then I realized that once again, this is the wrong thing to do.

Ray, you have to stop drinking! Because I'm going to have to depend on you to jump in and tell me to shut the hell up sometimes! :D
Yes you are right Joey. LOL, however didn't have that much to drink. But about fell out when my wife read it, she look at me and said well now I need a drink

Hi box car .your scanmaster needs one of these.
c9d8355f37728199194fd3adc565f4b9.jpg

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

That's a nice piece. Who offers it?

Me. 80 bucks plus shipping. Just need your zip for quote.

Geezzz!!! LOL!! I have removed it. ie.. it's not going back on. It's in terrible shape, warped, chrome is cracked, and flaking, and it does not seat in several places. So I was curious what others have used instead of this factory piece. Thanks for the responses, and to Boxcars for the picture ( that's what I was looking for). It looks like 1/4" flat black molding is the answer. When I do it, I will update the thread.

Anyone else have anything to add?

Me. 80 bucks plus shipping. Just need your zip for quote.

Do I get a commission / discount for the thread hijack??

We can work something out.sorry.

It's all good. I really wasn't even expecting a response, but I have wanted one of these for a while now. I need to get my SM out of the glove box. I'll hit you up soon.

Hey guys thanks i know it does look pretty nasty will get the steel wool. Is there anything i can put on it. After the steelwool to keep it from coming back ?jamcar its kool .let me know when your ready. Thanks.

Hey guys thanks i know it does look pretty nasty will get the steel wool. Is there anything i can put on it. After the steelwool to keep it from coming back ?jamcar its kool .let me know when your ready. Thanks.

I rub it with steel wool or Scotch-Brite and Mother's billet polish. It stays rust free for a little while. Then I just do it again when it needs it.

Sheila Shine works really good.

Can't make up my mind! Use a new 2x2" piece of vel-cro, or spend $80?

Need some help with this one.
dunno.gif

Nothing but good things to say about mine, if that sways your opinion any..

Sheila Shine works really good.
Never heard of it. Now I just googled it.
Good stuff?
Will it work well to take off the heat discoloration on my polished downpipes? Or will I still have to take them off every winter and run them through the buffing wheel?

Never heard of it. Now I just googled it.
Good stuff?
Will it work well to take off the heat discoloration on my polished downpipes? Or will I still have to take them off every winter and run them through the buffing wheel?

I don't think it will take away any discoloration. I'd be hesitant to put it on anything that sees high heat, I think it's pretty flammable just out of the can.

It's more of a cleaner/protectant used in commercial kitchens on stainless steel. Just a little goes a very long way. I've found it to keep any machined/brushed metal finish looking nice, sharp and shined. It has a nice peppermint smell to it, too.

For those of you thinking hmmmmmmmmm, brake dust will stick to it like crazy.

Oh well. I guess nothing replaces good old hard work. Back to busting out the old buffing wheel.

Thank you.

where did you get that mount?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well......Ummmmmm,

I do believe he created it, and then ne put it up for sale, right here on the board, in this very thread.

But I could be wrong, I often am...... :D.