I REMOVED THE CHROME STRIP ABOVE THE RADIO / GLOVEBOX - ANY CUSTOM IDEAS??

JAMCAR223

My chrome strip above the radio / glove box had seen better days, so I removed it. Since I have blacked-out the majority of my interior, I do not want to replace it with a new chrome piece ( if it's even available? ). Sooo... I was wondering if anybody has any custom ideas?? Black door edge gaurds?? Flexible plastic rope?? LED light strip?? Has anybody done this? I have considered leaving it as is, but you can see the little "casting / mold nipples" in the recessed part....

IMG_7312.JPG

LEDs? Please stay out of the ghetto isle at Auto-zone.:rolleyes:

If you don't like it in chrome, try carefully wrapping it in a black vinyl contact paper or tape, and carefully cut away the excess material with a sharp exacto knife or razor.

I did this years ago and it came out pretty good. Then I found a perfect chrome replacement. So I went back to chrome.

Don't do fake carbon fiber either. Like I said............no ghetto isle.;)

Black or carbon fiber wrap

I like this idea, only I'd do it in grey.

If you're in the Phoenix area, come see me.

Oh, and leave the fake carbon fiber look to the hood rats and ricers, too.

There are hundreds and hundreds of colors and finishes to choose from now.

Go see a good, to use the common vernacular, "Clear Bra" or wrap pro and have him bounce some ideas off your brain.

We do some pretty wild stuff on a daily basis at a very reasonable cost, considering the caliber of cars we service..

I think the carbon fiber could look good done right, and hell the chrome isn't chrome

Your mind is set, don't listen to anyone else.

No need to worry that it won't match ONE SINGLE OTHER PART OF THE CAR..............

Go for it!

Your mind is set, don't listen to anyone else.

No need to worry that it won't match ONE SINGLE OTHER PART OF THE CAR..............

Go for it!
Your right! It's his car. I'm sorry.

Oh hell. Yea, I guess he should then. Why not? So carbon fiber it will be.

Damn, so I have read a Guy and Joey post all of them, twice, and I still don't get it. What's this dude trying to do or maybe I have to many jacks tonite ? Oh my yes to many jacks. Had my wife read it, she said she needs a drink

Sanded the chrome off mine and hit it with some satin black Krylon Fusion. Looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, so I have read a Guy and Joey post all of them, twice, and I still don't get it. What's this dude trying to do or maybe I have to many jacks tonite ? Oh my yes to many jacks. Had my wife read it, she said she needs a drink

Most of the time I have no idea what I'm talking about, either.

That fact is, FAKE carbon fiber looks, well, like FAKE carbon fiber, there is absolutely NO denying it.

Here's to your wife...... And Uncle Jack!

Last edited:
LEDs? Please stay out of the ghetto isle at Auto-zone.:rolleyes:

If you don't like it in chrome, try carefully wrapping it in a black vinyl contact paper or tape, and carefully cut away the excess material with a sharp exacto knife or razor.

I did this years ago and it came out pretty good. Then I found a perfect chrome replacement. So I went back to chrome.

Don't do fake carbon fiber either. Like I said............no ghetto isle.;)

Yo claim you found the perfect replacement wqhat did you use? door edge guard material is close but does not seat properly...

curious as to what you did use...as we get calls for that part....

sure on the production line it was probably 50 cents or less

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Quarter or half inch chrome molding with adhesive on back from Advance, or Autozone.

Not a great shot of it in my el camino, but you can see here, it just looks like the stock piece:

Attachments

• Picture 064.jpg
    Picture 064.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 227
Yo claim you found the perfect replacement wqhat did you use? door edge guard material is close but does not seat properly...

curious as to what you did use...as we get calls for that part....

sure on the production line it was probably 50 cents or less

denniskirban@yahoo.com
I'm sorry Denis, I wish I had a creative answer. But the truth is I just found a good one in an old regular Regal parts car. I wish my solution was more helpful to many who have the same problem.

To clarify what's going on.......
At first I suggested a solution to his problem.
Then I shared my feelings regarding what I believe to be poor styling.
Then I realized that once again, this is the wrong thing to do.

Ray, you have to stop drinking! Because I'm going to have to depend on you to jump in and tell me to shut the hell up sometimes! :D