I need help!!!!!!!!!

Turbojorge

Unstoppable
Can anyone In the miami area help me tune my car. I have all the goddies that should have me in the low-mid 12's, Including new tranny w/2800 stall but as you can see, the numbers are not too impressive. I bought the car about 10 months ago and when it comes to tunning, I don't know my left from my right. Can someone please help me go fast!!!!!!!

Need help with tunning..

I've heard of one guy in the Miami area that's supposed to be real good with the TRs named Laz... I think he has a little shop, but I don't know where it's located... Hope that helps:)

1. rick harper in ft. lauderdale.
2. you can try fuddruckers in miami on saturdays. maybe you will find some other tr guys there.
3. Towershops in davie on Friday night. maybe you will find some other tr guys there.
4. Someone had posted here about a track night next tuesday at moroso for $170. Prolly a haul for you, about 2 hours if you are in miami. Speaking of which, how do you know your car does 13.3? is there a track in miami that we don't know about?

I dono nasing.

Originally posted by jsta6
how do you know your car does 13.3?

Check this out: One day a buddy of mine and I were board so we snuck in the airport with our cars, grabed a tape measure and measured 1/4 mile. I staged while he was at the other end getting ready to light a firecracker. When the firecracker goes off, I go. He's waitting in the other end with a stopwatch and that's how I get the 13.36. I would have probably done better, but i got distracted when I was waving at one of the 727's that was taking off along side of me. Another buddy of mine stoled a police radar gun and he clocks me at 102. I could have probably had a 60 foot time for you but, I would have needed a second stopwatch.

Uh......... I've been to Moroso several times captain skippy. I said I didn't know how to TUNE, not race. What, do you think I would just make some numbers up.

Harper has done some work to my car, but he's a little far for me. I think my car would take a little more time than he can give me.

Well, there you are. Quite a tale indeed.
well, If I was you, I would buy a tool like Turbolink or Scanmaster. I think that is really the only way you could get your car dialed in. Also, you really did not say what bolt-ons you had. I think 13.36 with a few bolt ons, street tires and stock fuel system is the norm.
I would definately try to make it to moroso on tuesday. There should be 10 guys there and I would think one of them would tell you a few things about tuning.

Tuesday or Thursday nights go behind the La Caretta on Bird road and 87th ave. Go over by the furniture store. Usually there is a few of us there hanging, seeing where's the next race. If u want help tuning, i'm sure you would find it there if you took your car. I am not any good of help for your tuning but I can direct you to the right people.

Oh yeah tuesday night is Moroso for a few of the miami guys. and thursday is thanksgiving so....maybe next week will give u a better chance to find 'em.

So Tuesday is like another "test and tunes" night. Is it still going to be 10 bucks to race. I don't have a scan tool of any sort, ( can't really afford one right now) you think I can still get some help. I'm trying to get this posi unit in so I don't really know about tuesday night. I was looking forward to wednesday nights test and tunes to see what I can do with the posi unit on.

Bolt on include full exhaust, Turbo, intake, injectors and stuff. Trust me, it would be embarassing for me to list everything I had and only be running a 13.3.

Originally posted by Turbojorge
So Tuesday is like another "test and tunes" night. Is it still going to be 10 bucks to race

No, it is a private Track Rental (see another post), Wed. & Fri. are the test & tune nights ($10). Best of luck to ya.
Regards,
Jeff

Ruff Racing

Check out Big Moe from Ruff Racing in Davie, FL. He deals mostly with imports now but he had a deadly GN in NYC. He works on mine all the time and I live in Orlando. (954) 316-0000. He actually has an 87 w/ T-Tops for sale now also.:D

I went to see a GN he had for sale before I bought mine. I got a chance to talk with him at the track once when his mazda was the car in front of me. I'll see about giving him a call, but sh%* he's far. I'm really trying to get in contact with Laz.

I'm telling you, La Caretta on Bird an 87th, tuesday and thursday like 11 or so. He has a white chevy pickup. Look for it. I would say tomorrow but it's turkey day. I doubt he'll be there but its always a possiblity.check it out. later

Finding Laz

If you look in the members area in the "L" section Laz's e-mail address is listed.

Found Laz! He did the posi over the weekend. Great guy. I got to get some stuff done but at least now I'm going in the right direction. Any of you guy's want to go to the track wedesday? Friday? Laz told me theirs "slicks only" for Sat.
Thanks guys.