I finally found the PERFECT wheel for my GN...

If youre ready to purchase soon, we should combine forces and see if we can get a GP started. I was quoted about $3500 for just the wheels.

If youre ready to purchase soon, we should combine forces and see if we can get a GP started. I was quoted about $3500 for just the wheels.

Whew, I waiting on a quote and kinda thought it would be around that figure. I probably just have to go with the gp on the Intro line.

Here are the Ruff Racing wheels

I used Ruff Racing 18x9.5 and 18x8.5 on the wife's car.:D

GNX Clone-87 GN.jpg

I might be able to go ZE after all, Frank gave me a pretty good quote, although I'm going with a smaller size than you and with 17's.

Pics before the GNX style flares

Here are some pics before I put the flares on the car.

GN 18-1 Side.jpg

GN 18-2 Rear Qtr.jpg

GN 18-3 Rear.jpg

GN 18-4 Front.jpg

I have some more pics after the flares but they are on my work computer. I will post them later. The car has NO drop "yet" but after the flares were installed the gap filled up nicely. I have about 1K in the wheels!:biggrin:

Looking Good!

Can you post the offset of the wheels? Your post indicated

"I used Ruff Racing 18x9.5 and 18x8.5 on the wife's car"

also you said under 1k in the RIMS.. so $250 each.. Not bad, looks great.

Backspacing/offset

I used a set of Ruff Racing 18x9.5 rear with 20mm offset and 1.5 adapters that give me a backspace of exactly 4.5 inches with 285/35/18 Nitto 555 and 18x8.5 fronts with 20mm offset and 1.5 adapters that give me about 3.75 backspace with 245/40/18 Nittos. I used a 5x4.75 to 5x4.5 adapter because this allowed more options in wheels and also more "lip" on the front side of the wheel. Most of the 5x4.75 pattern wheels did not have the style or backspacing i was looking for.

Close Up

Can we get a close up pic of where the wheel mounts to the car? I'd like to see how the rotors look in there too! THanks.

I'll say it again, my only problem with most of these wheels is the completely flat machined tuner style outer lip. When looking at the car straight from the side all you side is the face of the center section and the tire, you get no feeling for the depth of the wheel because the lip is only visibile from certain angles. That's why I got rid of the 18s I had, it just didn't look right.

All of these wheels look fairly nice with the black centers, rivets around the outside, etc, but I'll never be able to appreciate them on a Buick with that flat lip.