I finally found the PERFECT wheel for my GN...

This wheel on a GN but without the silver lines on the spokes:

Flickr Photo Download: R5 Sevas Wheels

I can find more or different pics if you need 'em.

Thanks dewd!

Would they make them without silver on the wheels? Do they do custom requests? hmmm. Cool. Anyone have any good GN pics to work with? I just happened across the above photo...The whole thing is to find angles of the GN that is similar to the car/wheels photo.

I agree with Turbo6 also. I like them, but they do look 'sporty'. The photochop did help though.

I like solid 5 spokes.

The Sultan Boyd wheel and the Centerline Trakstar are different. You could powdercoat the centers. Both are very reasonably priced and come in 'large' sizes.

JMHO. Post pics when you decide.

Attachments

• sultan_os2.jpg
    sultan_os2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 812
  • TrakStar.jpg
    TrakStar.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 842
I agree with Turbo6 also. I like them, but they do look 'sporty'. The photochop did help though.

I like solid 5 spokes.

The Sultan Boyd wheel and the Centerline Trakstar are different. You could powdercoat the centers. Both are very reasonably priced and come in 'large' sizes.

JMHO. Post pics when you decide.

I like those.

Since nobody else has come in to say so, I'd just like to weigh in:

I think those wheels look awful on the GN. They look okay on the Benz, but still not great IMO.

What brakes do you have that require such a big wheel? Can your GN outstop my Camaro with its 12-inch rotors and 16" wheels? Maybe, but not by much, unless you're running R-compound road racing slicks up front.

If you like them, though, that's fine for you. :)

Now that you have photoshop'rm

Humm.. I liked the wheels on the benz but the don't sit right with me. I'm looking for this look... I think max 17/18 inch. Anything else is approaching
dubs and a hugh performance loss.. I want functional and beauty! LOL

BTW, these are SIMMONS OM Wheels.

badassgnxpc3.jpg

What brakes do you have that require such a big wheel? Can your GN outstop my Camaro with its 12-inch rotors and 16" wheels? Maybe, but not by much, unless you're running R-compound road racing slicks up front.
:)

first post: RED C6 ZO6 Brakes - so im thinking at least a 13+ in. rotor maybe a 14":eek:

like said, not my favorite lookin wheel [not a big fan of split 5 stars] but +131039410 pts for being different.

Humm.. I liked the wheels on the benz but the don't sit right with me. I'm looking for this look... I think max 17/18 inch. Anything else is approaching

badassgnxpc3.jpg

Those look good!

badassgnxpc3.jpg

That the real GNX Heath Elmer built after my car.

Those Simmons are 17's.

These are 18's.

Attachments

• 86GrandN38.jpg
    86GrandN38.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 783
I purchased the Simmons 18" in black, just like on Heath's GNX. They didn't clear my brakes, so I sold them. The brakes are 2007 Corvette Z06 - 14" rotors in front with 6-piston monoblock calipers. Rears are 13.4" rotors with 4-piston monoblock calipers. Once again, noone has em on a GN that I know of and I'm trying to be different! By the way, I think those are Simmons F-series. If I remember right the OM series is the mesh type. I really prefer the 5-spoke, which is why I purchased the F-series. I would have re-purchased the F-series again, reconfigured for my brakes, but noone imports them to the US anymore. The black F-series in 18" is the exact look I'm going for. If I would have known I couldn't re-order them in the specs I needed, I would have kept what I had and ran some spacers. Live and learn I guess. If anyone want to sell me their 18" simmons wheels, PM me :cool: ( I even have a post up in parts wanted)

I'm lookin' into something a little different like the sevas wheel because they remind me of the simmons look, but I just dont want to make a $5000 mistake :) Thanks again for all the opinions, keep em coming!

yep - Gino - you beat me to it - THOSE ARE INDEED F-Series OM Series were the "mesh" style wheels.... they look awesome IMO:cool:

Although I love the look of the Sevas R55, I think I am deciding against it after seeing a few different photochops (Thanks sverble). I am in love with the wheel design and paint scheme, but it just doesn't look right on a GN. Thanks again for all the help and opinions, everyone! I have now narrowed it down to the Boze Boost, Iforged Astra (thanks nineball), Sevas R5, or Rushforth Super Spoke (thanks driverzinc). I just have to compare pricing on all my options and decide which one is going to look the best. I'm going to do a gloss black center with polished rivets and polished or chrome lip.

I REALLY wish someone made a wheel with a stepped lip, but I guess that is an older style that everyone is getting away from in a 3 piece wheel.

The other cool thing I haven't seen from anyone besides Sevas is being able to Chrome/polish the rivet pad on the center piece of the wheel to reflect off the lip and make it look larger. That's what I liked so much about the Simmons F-series.

Why not do a Fikse FM5 (simple 5 spoke) with a Black center? They are stepped lip and are multiple piece (just dont see the hardware).

They can build the profil line with pads past 2" so the break clearance is no problem.

FIKSE USA

Just an idea.. :)

They are pricey as well... but well made.

Oh. Jon at Driverz is a friend of mine.. he has great wheels as well and GREAT guy to deal with!! :)

Nice, the Sevas S-55 do look awesome and different, especially if you'll have 2007 Vette brakes showing through, brake pics, brake pics!!

Nice photoshopping Sverble, I can't tell at all.

Since nobody else has come in to say so, I'd just like to weigh in:

I think those wheels look awful on the GN. They look okay on the Benz, but still not great IMO.

If you like them, though, that's fine for you. :)

AGREED!