I don't know anything about the car but I hope they are ok.

buttonfly

The stable....
I don't know who this was but I hope they are ok. I guess this happened yesterday in North Kansas city. Looks like a very nice car........:eek:
KCMOFIRE.jpg

Yes, the wheels look like GNX and the fender flares. Oh my god that would be an expensive fire.

It looks like a real nice car. Maybe a reminder to everyone to keep a fire extinguisher in the car.

looks to have been cooking for many minutes to have heat break out quarter glass and rear window. maybe 15-20 minutes to go from smouldering to burning to fully engulfed taking out glass. where is the driver?

seems to be a new construction neighborhood - yards do not look completed. there is no one else standing around - not even the car's driver. no one looking out from the homes in the background. car is facing down a hill, so if gas was leaking, there should be a trail of fire to the front of the car and further beyond down the road in front of the car. wind blown flames/embers have set the dried grass/vegetation on fire behind the car.

no PD on scene. no FD on scene. no one else around except OP to take a picture. fire has been going for a bit of time. to me, looks like a stolen that was dumped and burned in an isolated spot - an area of new construction homes outside of working hours.

I've seen cars that engulfed from a ruptured fuel line, and that is with a sub 5 minute response time from the nearest officer with a fire extinguisher. I change out the rubber sections of my fuel line every other year as if they are a wear item. Hopefully this owner was ok.

Photoshopped. With heat that intense, the tires would have absolutely melted.

Someone started with a GNX image, and put some time into PS. Forgot to put reflections in the windows on the house, though. Where are the onlookers, FD, etc.? Makes no sense now, does it?

Fake as it gets. Fooled us all at first sight, didn't it? And, nice touch, GNX and all....

Photoshopped. With heat that intense, the tires would have absolutely melted.

Someone started with a GNX image, and put some time into PS. Forgot to put reflections in the windows on the house, though. Where are the onlookers, FD, etc.? Makes no sense now, does it?

Fake as it gets. Fooled us all at first sight, didn't it? And, nice touch, GNX and all....
Hi John!:)

I vote real, worked with PS for over a decade, specialty in realty/drone shots. Windows don't always reflect depending on the actual glass ifself, sun's lighting angle, window's angle, local shade, clouds, or even window tint. To me, it looks like a housing track being built or finished but don't think its abandoned due the landscape sign (also gives away location). Fire's happen quick, that one went up fast don't think it was long enough for tires to melt. It would be odd to me he forgot reflections in 3 small windows with NO angles but spent the time to nail the sun off all the angles on the car perfectly.

In my personal experience that almost happened to me 25 years ago. I was 'driving' around a empty development locally, had 4 people total in the car (2 in the back were BIG boys). After a couple of hard launching attempts, car dies under throttle during a launch, I click up to neutral while pressing ebrake to stop damn brake pedal hard as a rock (thanks PM), thick smoke filled out all AC vents (scary site to see), after getting out I pop trunk for extinguisher, no fire but got lucky I found, pop the hood nothing but a little smoke.......Get this, after some digging it ended up being my passenger rear friend's fat ass caused the metal wire in the black seat trim lining to pop out and JUSTTT so happened to puncture my power wire for the satellite alarm, instantly fried it all through the rear seat - along the side bottom fisher trim - all through the dash to the driver's side and through the firewall to the battery. Thank the lord nothing happened seriously talk about lucky?

Anyone in KC 816 area might know.

Last edited: