I am such a sucker!

I rescued a cat after my rescued JRT died. I figured a cat would be easier to take care of. Wrong! That cat has me wrapped around her little paw. She eats too fast so I feed her a little several times a day. When she dies, I'm getting a gold fish. They are easier to care for and when ya' get tired of 'em relief is just a flush away.

thumb1521.jpg
View attachment 282652
I rescued a cat after my rescued JRT died. I figured a cat would be easier to take care of. Wrong! That cat has me wrapped around her little paw. She eats too fast so I feed her a little several times a day. When she dies, I'm getting a gold fish. They are easier to care for and when ya' get tired of 'em relief is just a flush away.

I hear ya man.

You know this kitten survived 4 day's without food and traveled almost 100 miles per day and survived! This kitten is the definition of a true survivor and I have become...."smitten with this kitten!" :X3:

Last edited:
Enjoy your new pussy and keep it happy.:ROFLMAO: It bonded with you and to get rid of it now will be traumatic for the little thing.:( My 2 dogs and the neighbors dog have attracted a stray and I'm trying not to do something drastic to get rid of it. Hopefully I can trap it and take it to someone that will give it the love and care it needs. Looks like ti's been abused and is super shy, but baby steps until I can catch it and find a decent home for it.;)

The voice of reason, damn you! LOL

You are right though as she and I now have a bond that is special and should never be broken.

"Soft kitty warm kitty little ball of fur".

You just found the kitty under your Mom's car?

Was it in the engine compartment?

Four days, 400 miles & it didn't fall out? Lucky kitty!

Poor thing must have been terrified!

We once had a cat that crawled up into the engine compartment one cold morning. We climbed into the car to go to school. When the key was turned, the engine tried to start, went thump, MEOOOOOWWWWW! Cat & fur came flying out of the car.

Fortunately the engine did not rotate enough to start. The cat was messed up with a few broken ribs & several patches of hair missing. After a trip to the vet & a few weeks recuperation, the cat went on to live a full life. She did avoid the car though.

I had a tortoise shell cat for 17 years and I think from what I've heard all of them are nuts. I know mine was. She loved me and our daughter but hated the wife and almost everybody else. She was a very strange cat; really the kind that gives cats a bad reputation but we loved her any way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Running from room to room and attacking EVERYTHING, lord take me now :LOL: ! The shelter had no space so I have at least another week in paradise....I did meet a very cute young lady who also has a rescued cat, "glass half full" mentality ;) .

PS, I was once known as the puppy/kitten whisperer. I rescued these two back in '10 when they needed some help, they ate each others food and even slept together. My favorite picture though is this one which cemented why I go through the torment...happy happy happy!
thumb9RMV6OXT.jpg

Last edited:
The kitten went to the shelter today, we hugged and afterwards I cried for 2hrs. I could not keep her but I did save her.

The kitten went to the shelter today, we hugged and afterwards I cried for 2hrs. I could not keep her but I did save her. :)

I'm not a cat person, but I respect them. Sucks you had to say goodbye to it.

We have a stray cat that hangs around the house at my deer lease. This last season, she hitched a ride on top of the spare tire of my truck all the way from junction to magnolia - 320 miles. She now resides at my house in magnolia. she's quite a snake killer, even though she has a food bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the 9th I was really missing her so I decided to call the shelter and check on her and found out that she had already been adopted, made my year. I still have Shadow and he consoles me.

On to the next project! :)