hybrid class i know this has been discussed but...

plowboy72

Why isn't there a heads-up hybrid class at the big Buick racing events? To much griping? Not enough cars? What?

Why isn't there a heads-up hybrid class at the big Buick racing events? To much griping? Not enough cars? What?

The same reason there's not a draw through class. No one's interested.:mad: Sucks doesn't it.:( All we have is bracket racing.:mad:

yeah that just stinks. Everybody with the Buick V6 powerplant should have a place to enjoy their ride at these events. Oh well

Yes it is. Are we so close minded that we can't come together as a group that only the Buick body is acceptable? Silly and sad.

Well we talked about starting a special group just for the carbed guys. The Carb Turbo Racing Association but it went no where. Basicly it would be for anyone running a draw through or blow through system.

It's all about car count. Those niches are too small to support a race class. Heck look at TSO. It's not an uber-specific group, S2, 10" tire, etc and you still only get a handfull of cars per event.

Turn it into a smaller demographic like carb'd or hybrid, you probably won't have the car count to keep the class going.

hybrid..

Maybe a poll will help to determine potential participants i understand there's a good number of Buick hybrids out there flyin around.

Is this a good definition of a hybrid? a Buick with a different motor in it and any car with a Buick motor in it?

Maybe a poll will help to determine potential participants i understand there's a good number of Buick hybrids out there flyin around.

Is this a good definition of a hybrid? a Buick with a different motor in it and any car with a Buick motor in it?

I'd say a car that didn't come equipped with the Buick V6 engine as a factory option would be the the best definition.:smile:

Yeah I agree. A car that has the Turbo Buick V6 that didn't come with it from the factory! Call it something like TBH (Turbo Buick Hybrid)

the reason there is no specific class is because there are way to many combos out there. the 11 second car don't want to run the 10 second cars, the 10 sec. cars don't want to run the 9 sec. cars & so forth. they only thing you can do is either run a hybrid class in bracket form, or step up the program & go run quick 8 / 16 & hope you brought enough.